corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance question
Norcy91

User status: Offline
14th Jul 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, currently in my 3rd month of my policy, but i have someone coming to look at my car today. I also don't have my next car yet to swap my policy over to

What are my options then? Can i swap my policy over to another car which already has an insurance policy on it? Or are my only options to either get a new car ASAP to transfer it over to or to cancel the policy?
LeeM

14th Jul 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't tell them, be right.
Sunz

14th Jul 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you trying to keep a policy going to earn NCB ?

They will probably charge you admin cost if you transfer the policy to another vehicle, something silly like £20+

If you keep it insured on the current car, when the next owner goes to get insured on it I believe your current insurer will call you to say "someone's trying to get insured on your vehicle".
It happened to me with my last Corsa but keeping the Corsa insured for a month was about equal to the saving to be made from earning another years NCB.
Norcy91

14th Jul 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's to keep it going for my NCB, it's either keep it going on another car or not be able to go anywhere till I find another car
Sunz

14th Jul 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to do that as well but the cost to keep the insurance going generally is far greater then the saving to be made from NCB.

But all depends on how many you have already etc.

I'm pretty sure it's legal to be insured on a car that's already insured, but there is no law that says the insurance companies have to accept it.

Like one vehicle could have a driver insured for business use and some else for non business.

John

14th Jul 12 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its only for a couple of weeks you'll be fine.
Norcy91

14th Jul 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my car, gone to try insure my mums car and they won't let me for the exact reason i was asking
Pop

14th Jul 12 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the buyer has a bump and you still insure the vehicle you could be partially liable for the claim.
Norcy91

14th Jul 12 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might end up canceling and losing the 3 months of my policy then, any idea how they work out how much of the original premium they refund when canceling the policy?
Sunz

14th Jul 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Original premium divided by 12 and then x the answer by 3 ? They will take a fee as you cancelled it, it was £22.50 with my insurance company.
taylorboosh

14th Jul 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol just leave it

I had two policies on the mrs yaris for 6 months

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question 23 database queries in 0.0148160 seconds