corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance claim against me.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author insurance claim against me.
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
17th Jul 12 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just deny it
Root

17th Jul 12 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just ignore it, let's face it, if it's been 7 months, it couldn't have been that bad
LeeM

17th Jul 12 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what exactly does the letter say and whos it from? ill tell you how much they know and how likely they are able to make a claim depending on if you get in touch or not.
leon.

17th Jul 12 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Letters from nfu mutual. Says the date and road it happend (got the road wrong). Letter says they are considering pursuing a claim against me to recover their outlay.

Want to know my insurance details who they are and address.
LeeM

17th Jul 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if theyre asking you for the details that means they probably dont have the right reg to do an MID check on. ignore.
i worked in claims recovery for an insurer for nearly 5 years, if 8 months in i was sending threatening letters to a third party demanding their insurance details it was because id tried everything else and couldnt find anyone to submit the claim to
neil h

17th Jul 12 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSi

half the white knights posting holy as thou would love a nice hit in rear to claim there injury.

Not sure that's insurance related, more of a lifestyle choice tbh.
dragon2309

17th Jul 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leon.
Letters from nfu mutual. Says the date and road it happend (got the road wrong). Letter says they are considering pursuing a claim against me to recover their outlay.

That would suggest they only have the address and name that you gave the bloke in the crash. They dont have your car reg, or they'd use the DVLA or MID to get your current address and insurers details.

Isnt it NFU Mutual who still use 90% paper based filing system? If it was me, I'd file the letter, ignore it, they'll send another, i'd ignore that, if i got a third, i'd maybe think about replying, but yeh, my vote is for ignore.
oba-corsa
Premium Member

17th Jul 12 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

file it in that big black two wheel post box outside

if any come recorded delivery then maybe start thinking crap

[Edited on 17-07-2012 by Jason T]
leon.

17th Jul 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore it is then cheers people
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jul 12 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also its more the people who are arranging staged accidents crash for cash schemes that are fucking up the industry.
Bollocks, the industry has been fucked for years, what proportion of claims are staged? 1%?

Been too easy to get a spare couple of grand for nothing for some years now, add on to that the price of companies like yours and all the legal tomfoolery that goes with it, that's why the industry pays out more than it takes in.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jul 12 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leon.

Which means they've already paid to repair his car.

If your car wasn't badly damaged it may be worth making the point that you were stopped and he bounced off you and collided with the wall. That should corroborate with the damage to both vehicles and also exonerates you from most of the blame because you can't typically cause an accident if you weren't moving.

I certainly wouldn't ignore it, you probably have some legal obligations to respond, at least while its still correspondence. If it goes against you, it'll just be a bill.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jul 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
if theyre asking you for the details that means they probably dont have the right reg to do an MID check on. ignore.
i worked in claims recovery for an insurer for nearly 5 years, if 8 months in i was sending threatening letters to a third party demanding their insurance details it was because id tried everything else and couldnt find anyone to submit the claim to

Although equally, I agree with Lee, they probably don't have much left.
CorsaSi

18th Jul 12 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
also its more the people who are arranging staged accidents crash for cash schemes that are fucking up the industry.
Bollocks, the industry has been fucked for years, what proportion of claims are staged? 1%?

Been too easy to get a spare couple of grand for nothing for some years now, add on to that the price of companies like yours and all the legal tomfoolery that goes with it, that's why the industry pays out more than it takes in.

like i said on this we get 80% of our referals from insurance companies, if they didnt pass us claims there wouldnt be credithire and credit repair
John

18th Jul 12 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They pass to you because they all have to try and be equal. If absolute scrounging scum of the earth companies like yours didn't exist, they'd all go back to paying for repairing cars. People would get over whiplash after a good sleep the same as they did before.
pow
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Delete this thread and ignore the first letter
Ben G

18th Jul 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
They pass to you because they all have to try and be equal. If absolute scrounging scum of the earth companies like yours didn't exist, they'd all go back to paying for repairing cars. People would get over whiplash after a good sleep the same as they did before.

and what if the person(s) actually had genuine injuries? not everyone gets crashed into at 1mph.
John

18th Jul 12 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have a genuine injury then and still be compensated for it.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, whiplash isn't always that minor, John My maw had an accident years ago, and didn't claim. She still has bother with it since.
John

18th Jul 12 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know not everybody takes the piss, 99% of people do though.
CorsaSi

18th Jul 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Y u Mad?
John

18th Jul 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not mad mate.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh aye, it's common place to immediately seek compensation for having an accident. It's a joke.
Ben G

18th Jul 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know not everybody takes the piss, 99% of people do though.

agreed. i've had a few accidents and every time, i've had all sorts of companies phoning or texting me telling me i'm entitled to claim for any injuries. when they phoned they actually pressure you to tell them you have aches and pains. it's ridiculous nowadays.
andy1868

18th Jul 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm sick of those knobs that keep ringing me to tell me to claim for my recent accident. That in itself is enough to piss me off but coupled with the fact that the last road accident i was in was in 1990 i don't think i've got much chance of claiming whiplash tbh
LeeM

18th Jul 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was in my gf's dads car and someone bumped us, there was no damage to either car at all but it jolted my neck and it still hurts a little now 6 months later if i turn my head to the right too quickly. i havent claimed, not sure how it entitles meto a coupel of grand. PI claims used to piss me off no end when i was still working in the industry

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance claim against me. 23 database queries in 0.0122249 seconds