corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pictures of the new whip!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pictures of the new whip!
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   28th Jul 12 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked it up on Wednesday afternoon, gave it a very quick clean after work yesterday.

I'm wanting to buy some wax for it to protect the paint better, recomendations from the valeters/detailers/obsessive car cleaners welcome!

Not really planning on doing much to it, it's already got an aftermarket cat back system, so it's pops and bangs quite alot but nothing too over the top! Been looking for a Dave F air box but i haven't seen any 2nd hand yet.

Unsure whether i want a JCW grille for the front or to just leave it standard. Opinions and photoshops welcome!
kennySRi

28th Jul 12 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love these! JCW grills are a must for any mini imo, totally transforms the look of the front.
Ben G

28th Jul 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very smart. collinite 476s is a good wax.

sat in one of these the other day and the seats aren't as bad as i thought they were. they held me in nicely.
Norcy91

28th Jul 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
very smart. collinite 476s is a good wax.

sat in one of these the other day and the seats aren't as bad as i thought they were. they held me in nicely.

Cheers! Yeah i've had a look at the Collinite 476s, just under £18 on ebay with an applicator pad and microfibre cloth i think!

The seats are doing fine so far, think they'll have to do seen as the JCW ones seem to be about £1000 each
Seany

28th Jul 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will get a pic of mine with the aero grilles for you later as its the same colour, prima amigo followed by any half decent wax seems to bring mine up really well, I'm currently using colonite aswell.
Norcy91

28th Jul 12 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate! Has yours got the standard Cooper S bumpers as well? Seen plenty of pictures with the JCW kit just none without

Clean Your Car sell the Collinite 476s with Carlack and all the applicators and microfibre cloths for £32, so i may try that out!

Got a bit carried away with cleaning bits i want to try out and the baskets up to £115 so far
Seany

28th Jul 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep standard bumper and lowered a tad, don't know if you've been told about the intercoolers and pulleys? Basically smaller pulley afrom kavs and a gp or grs intercooler are a must have mod on these, opens it up by miles.
Norcy91

28th Jul 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i've had a look at the pulley and intercooler, been told the pulley itself is cheap but it's the tool to do it thats expensive? Got any sites you recommend for parts etc?
Seany

28th Jul 12 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my pulley from 1320mini AMD my grs motorsport intercooler from lohen. Not got them fitted yet though the pulley with gates belt and colder plugs can be had for about £100 but the cooler is around 400 new.
I got the 16%.
Mark.W

28th Jul 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice,colour is smart
nathy_87

28th Jul 12 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slowly growing on me these minis. Must say I do like that colour. As i said to someone that not long had a grey one needs this roof IMO:

http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/2440/DSC005041.JPG

[Edited on 28-07-2012 by nathy_87]
Ojc

28th Jul 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that combo.

All you need is 15% pulley and GRS Motorsport intercooler & DaveF to take it to around 210bhp, you have the facelift model with the teflon charger and much improved gear ratios, slight power increase as well.
Ojc

28th Jul 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And deffo do JCW grilles totally transformed mine
Norcy91

28th Jul 12 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the info lads! Looking into the pulley and intercooler. Just enjoying it as it is right now! Definitely wanting to get the JCW grille and the Dave F airbox first though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pictures of the new whip! 23 database queries in 0.0137520 seconds