corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » can police fine you by having no seat belt on, and not pulling you over?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author can police fine you by having no seat belt on, and not pulling you over?
whipitrnd

User status: Offline
28th Jul 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as title says!

[Edited on 28-07-2012 by whipitrnd]
Corsa_Sport21

28th Jul 12 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, how else do you expect them to catch you not wearing a seat belt.
whipitrnd

28th Jul 12 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Yes, how else do you expect them to catch you not wearing a seat belt.

sorry i typed that wrong, i mean fine you and not pulling you over?
Nic Barnes

28th Jul 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd not think so, but I'm not clear what you mean exactly. Just a police car driving past? I'd say no as I do it all the time past them never had a bigger.
GB123
Premium Member

28th Jul 12 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure they can't as i think you can drive without a seatbelt with certain medical conditions with a doctor's permission, not 100% though.
mattant

28th Jul 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would they not pull you over?
Jamie-C

29th Jul 12 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because there to busy eating there donuts
jay26

29th Jul 12 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they can, but would be very hard to prove it
gtitim

29th Jul 12 at 03:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not alot of work. A quick statement and a setion 172 notice to identify driver, but not worth it in grand scheme of things

Edit to add : only if offender was the driver. If not, no chance of being done in my opinion

[Edited on 29-07-2012 by gtitim]
gtitim

29th Jul 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It takes a minute or two to send the S172 notice, then maybe 15 minutes tops to do the file once it comes back. I have done them, but it depends who it is and if they are known to the officer. I gave a bloke a verbal warning one morning, then an hour later he passed me the opposite way with no belt on and on the phone. I sent the S172 and he pleaded to both when summonsed. Was it worth the effort? Yes. He shouldn't have ignored my advice. Learnt the hard way. Then again, i don't like to be ignored
alan-g-w

29th Jul 12 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stinks of bacon in here
baza31

29th Jul 12 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
It takes a minute or two to send the S172 notice, then maybe 15 minutes tops to do the file once it comes back. I have done them, but it depends who it is and if they are known to the officer. I gave a bloke a verbal warning one morning, then an hour later he passed me the opposite way with no belt on and on the phone. I sent the S172 and he pleaded to both when summonsed. Was it worth the effort? Yes. He shouldn't have ignored my advice. Learnt the hard way. Then again, i don't like to be ignored

How dare anyone ignore a police officer, people of such high importance in the world , anyone but a police officer. After all how would you feel good about earning your wage if you didn't stop the serious crime of not warning a seatbelt? The world would be such a better place without seat-belt-less drivers on the road
noshua

29th Jul 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It probably would, considering the result of them crashing into someone else could kill other people.

The law states you must wear a seat belt, why shouldn't officers enforce it?

Typical "fuck da pohlease" reply
taylorboosh

29th Jul 12 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't wear a seatbelt because its law.

I wear a seatbelt because it could potentially save my life.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

29th Jul 12 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a funny one, I'd be pissed off if the times when I've previously been pulled for suspected no seatbelt (I had harnesses), I'd actually got a summons instead but at the same time I'd be pissed off if some prick crashed into me and then headbutted me as they came flying through my window due to not wearing a seatbelt when they've previously been spotted but for whatever reason, a pull wasn't possible. Not completely sure were I stand on this one.
gtitim

30th Jul 12 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
How dare anyone ignore a police officer, people of such high importance in the world , anyone but a police officer. After all how would you feel good about earning your wage if you didn't stop the serious crime of not warning a seatbelt? The world would be such a better place without seat-belt-less drivers on the road

How about if you wear it, the chances of a cop knocking on your parents door to tell them you are dead / seriously injured is reduced. Been there, done it. Too many times with people younger than I am, and without wishing to stereotype, most were 17-25 driving modified cars. Having witnessed and dealt with horrific injury and fatal collisions, and then had to pick the pieces up afterwards, its a seatbelt, not difficult or particularly uncomfortable to wear, so why not wear it?

For those with harnesses - yes it probably does piss you off getting stopped, but if they aren't seen from outside, or because some cops arent aware of their legality (lets face it, its not going to be a topic covered in training is it?) so unfortunately you might get stopped a bit more than if using regular belts, however, getting all arsey about it won't help your cause, whether you like it or not.

And it stinks of bacon in my house too - lovely hot bacon sandwiches for breakfast!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » can police fine you by having no seat belt on, and not pulling you over? 23 database queries in 0.0154591 seconds