corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to remove tiger seal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to remove tiger seal
vx-scottw
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 12 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As ^^^^^^
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what?
gary2097

3rd Aug 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing from paint work I used a credit card and hair dryer to get the thick of it off as a soft cloth, tar remover and loads of elbow grease persevere though it will come off eventually
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah guessing you mean off the bumper here... http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb431/sboisw/f0fc8b80.jpg

Your gonna have a job ob getting it all off without damaging the paint
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May be worth bonding your spiltter back on, selling the bumper and buying a standard one. Might make a few quid too
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have kept the bumper whole imo,tiger seal will be a bitch to get off and when it does eventually come off paintwork will be scratched to fook. :/

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
vx-scottw
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to keep the splitter tho :/
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean to swap the bumper straight over so you don't have to take splitter/grill/plate off.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
vx-scottw
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't got a spear bumper n they cost over 100 for facelift ones
tom130691
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spirits will help but you in for alot of man hours
vx-scottw
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might just put it back on n sell it with it much easier
Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a soft toffee wheel and some spirits should do it piece of piss dude, s'what i used on my bumper when i took my steiny splitter off

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
vx-scottw
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toffee wheel ? Not heard of them
D0NN3R

3rd Aug 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there only like 3 or 4 pounds mate
Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toffee wheel/caramel wheel/eraser wheel etc lol lots of different names for em. It's like a rubber disc drill attachment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eraser-Caramel-Rubber-Wheel-Pad-with-Adapter-new-Decal-Remover-/150860866656?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item2320022460

something like that

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
gary2097

3rd Aug 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your intention is to sell the car i would have left it on tbh you will get it off eventually but will take alot of time and effort i got mine off without any damage to paint i just t cut it and it came back up fine it was a white car though
vx-scottw
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

managed to get it all off with a blade, break cleaner and and a helping from a friend

New Poll