corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mini Cooper S R53 *Wheels sent for Refurb, Springs ordered, small video as well!*

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mini Cooper S R53 *Wheels sent for Refurb, Springs ordered, small video as well!*
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
24th Jan 13 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I used to run mine on that to mainly as worked there so could always fill up before or after work. TBF though each engine is different so I can believe some of them would be ok on fuel. I hear the turbo ones are a lot better on fuel to

[Edited on 24-01-2013 by SXI - Matt]
Norcy91

24th Jan 13 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the more money I spend, the better the economy is!

I need to do a proper calculation for my MPG instead of using the on board info.
Seany

24th Jan 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've still not fitted my grs or pulley. Had them for ages now aswell.
Norcy91

24th Jan 13 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never manage to sell them? They were a bargain as well!
SXI - Matt

25th Jan 13 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish I'd played with mine a bit more before selling it, fitted a miltec cat back which sounded lovely but jus couldn't justifie the running costs
Seany

25th Jan 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put them up for sale every now and then when I get bored of looking at them lol. Will fit them when ive got a bit cash left from the wedding fund.
Norcy91

25th Jan 13 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it fitted! I can't wait to get my pulley fitted, got a feeling it just won't be enough though
SimonTW

26th Jan 13 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just fit them yourself? I did my pulley in an afternoon. I found it really easy using the proper tools which you can buy, use then sell on for pretty much what you paid.

I found the cam made the best performance improvement to mine.
Norcy91

26th Jan 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to get my brother to do it because he's a mechanic. But for the sake of £300 I can get the pulley, belt and plugs supplied and fitted within 3 hours. Plus if anything goes wrong when it's being/been fitted, I know I haven't caused the problem.
Norcy91

26th Jan 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to get my brother to do it because he's a mechanic. But for the sake of £300 I can get the pulley, belt and plugs supplied and fitted within 3 hours. Plus if anything goes wrong when it's being/been fitted, I know I haven't caused the problem.
Norcy91

7th Feb 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the 15% Pulley on for nearly a week now, and what a difference it makes! Recommend anyone to get one if they have a Cooper S!

Currently in the process of ordering an OBX Stainless Steel 4-2-1 Manifold in a Group Buy on Mini Torque! Starting to get the bug for modifications i think

I really want to get some videos up of my car, but I tried mounting my iPhone and the quality was shocking Picture wise it was fine, but the sound was so crackly!

Will try getting some pictures up shortly, not that theres any cosmetic changes yet
SXI - Matt

8th Feb 13 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the pulley really make that much difference, quicker accleration??
marklawton

8th Feb 13 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iam thiking about buying a cooper s on a 03 reg next month. any comon problems to look out for?
Norcy91

8th Feb 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
Does the pulley really make that much difference, quicker accleration??

Yeah, pulls a lot harder through the gears, picks up quicker, better torque lower down the rev range. Best £300 you could spend on a Cooper S i'd say
Norcy91

8th Feb 13 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
iam thiking about buying a cooper s on a 03 reg next month. any comon problems to look out for?

Not quite sure about the Pre-04 reg. I believe the supercharger and the gearbox are different on the facelifts (post-04). Get yourself signed up on Mini Torque and ask some questions, or just search the site. Be prepared to be set on fire if you mention lowering springs, cone filters or keeping run flats
Seany

8th Feb 13 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet your loving the noise now
Im fitting the cooler tomo and waiting a while to fit the pulley as a friend is hiring the tool to do his.
Norcy91

8th Feb 13 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
Bet your loving the noise now
Im fitting the cooler tomo and waiting a while to fit the pulley as a friend is hiring the tool to do his.

Good idea I wouldn't have minded trying to fit it myself with my brothers help, but having to rent the tools, then take the time out to do the work swayed me towards getting it done right first time round

The noise is great as well, should have come like this from the factory! I just want an Intercooler, Newman Cam, Injectors and a Remap and that my engine finished with i think. Should probably think about upgrading the suspension and brakes first
Norcy91

22nd Mar 13 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just purchased some new wheels on Mini Torque! Well, they're used, but new to me

Only a set of BBS RX2 17" reps. Need a refurb before they go on my car, but I should make my money back selling my original wheels! Well... they'll only be staying on if i like them!

Still waiting to hear if OBX has their Stainless Manifolds in stock yet, been waiting just over a month now! Also looking at getting a Newman Cam, GRS or GP Intercooler, then go to a 17% Pulley with some bigger injectors and a Remap! Need to get saving big style
Norcy91

29th Apr 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cleaned the wheels, got all the sticky pads from the old wheel weights and tar spots off the insides ready for them to be refurbished over the next few nights, i'd attempt it myself but i actually what them to look decent

Ordered some Spigot Rings and some brand new 3D Domed Centre Cap badges!

Quick snap next to my brothers 350z!

I've also got some Apex 30mm Lowering Springs on their way to get rid of some arch gap

Little clip just to see what it sounds like!

View My Video

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by Norcy91]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mini Cooper S R53 *Wheels sent for Refurb, Springs ordered, small video as well!* 24 database queries in 0.0149779 seconds