corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car day - Type R GT

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New car day - Type R GT
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Aug 12 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Do NOT lower the vtec crossover.

I'm not arguing with this, but why not? I'm genuinely curious as the civinfo guys all honk about the flashpro maps and specifically the lowered vtec crossover for "more accessible" power.

I know what forum bandwagoning can get like, so I'm interested to hear the opinion of an "external".

Yeah you'll get a bit more accessible power but tbh, Honda have been at it for years, I'd trust their judgement besides, if your engine uses a bit of oil, then it'll use more. As Gav said, get an exhaust system, filter, maybe an inlet and mapping. You'll get great gains throughout the rev range and an awesome noise to go with it
corsa-sxi

16th Aug 12 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had mine just under 2 years

Eck
Premium Member

16th Aug 12 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another point... If you're wanting to lower the Vtec point will it actually be mapped? Or just lowering Vtec? If the latter then I'm back to my DON'T stance
sc0ott

16th Aug 12 at 05:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really like the black GT and the mugen version of these.

Had a look on PH at prices and came across a nice k20 supercharged ek9.
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Aug 12 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Another point... If you're wanting to lower the Vtec point will it actually be mapped? Or just lowering Vtec? If the latter then I'm back to my DON'T stance

Nah it's a full map, it's not just plugging a laptop in and changing 6500 to 4500 I'm no engine geek so I really couldn't tell you what they change, but the lowered VTEC crossover is just one of many parameters.

Most FN2 owners go the Flashpro route when remapping, the Flashpro is a physical device which allows you to connect a laptop and interfaces to the relevant parameters. When you buy a flashpro (~£400 second hand) you get a stock generic map with it which loads of people use. I'm of the opinion that every engine is different so I'd be more inclined to get a flashpro and take it to a proper tuning place. If I was going to spend the coin doing that though, I'd like at least to change exhaust and intake... so then it gets expensive

If I'm going to do all that, I might aswell supercharge it

I appreciate your point on keeping it the way Honda intended though, I'd just heard so many reviews which swear by Flashpro and lower VTEC crossover I never really thought about it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Eck
Premium Member

16th Aug 12 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh if you want more midrange then engaging Vtec earlier will get it! But it does start getting expensive because as you say, every engine is different and it's not simply changing the vtec crossover. Adjustments to timing and fuelling will have to be made then you might as well have a couple of mods too :/ supercharging is the way to go though

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New car day - Type R GT 24 database queries in 0.0101042 seconds