corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Native Mobile Browser File Uploads

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Native Mobile Browser File Uploads
ed

User status: Offline
21st Aug 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know of a list of mobile browsers which support native file uploads from the browser? Is it just pre-iOS 6 devices that are going to cause me problems or are there old versions of Android out there and other mobile OS's that are going to give me problems?

Dom

21st Aug 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc, Android 2.2+ support the standard file input type tag but you have limited options such as the gallery and camera capture. BB OS 5.0+ and WinPho 7.5 do i believe. And some WAP 2.0 browsers (a fair few Nokia S40/S60 devices) also supported the tag.

However a lot of Android/S40/S60 users aren't using the standard browser, so you'd need to look into that.
ed

21st Aug 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks So long as there are phones out there that 'do it' I should be ok. I'm mostly interested in the HTML5 media capture API, but that seems a little limited with Android 3.0 being the main supporter of it.

I can use Mordernizr to detect these features too I guess.

New Poll