corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tim@Prestige

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tim@Prestige
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 12 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf is going on here? Threads being deleted left right and centre? I'd like to see Ian's input as to whether he sanctioned this spamming and lies about it being an entirely different company?
Whittie

22nd Aug 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you get a chance Tim, could you quote me on an rx8? Thanks
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not a different company they have the same directors or are associated together. Through a company called African revival
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the fuck has Whittie not been quoted on a fucking RX8 yet?
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Its not a different company they have the same directors or are associated together. Through a company called African revival

Hence the "lies" part, mate
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
22nd Aug 12 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He emailed me, I said you can sell insurance so long as CS gets the commission you've been promising for years, he made a thread trying to sell insurance and it got filled with blah.

I would guess if he sells insurances at some point CS might get some commission.

If not, oh well, carry on.

I'm not particularly arsed about the history, you're either insured or you're not and if you are and its cheap, the past isn't that important.

Unless he's ripped anyone off in which case lets hear it. Alternatively lets try and keep it business.

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by Ian]
whitter45

22nd Aug 12 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
He emailed me, I said you can sell insurance so long as CS gets the commission you've been promising for years, he made a thread trying to sell insurance and it got filled with blah.

I would guess if he sells insurances at some point CS might get some commission.

If not, oh well, carry on.

I'm not particularly arsed about the history, you're either insured or you're not and if you are and its cheap, the past isn't that important.

Unless he's ripped anyone off in which case lets hear it. Alternatively lets try and keep it business.

but surely you dont want CS associated with either a dodgy company or one that offers poor service

Would it not give a bad representation for the forum
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Aug 12 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they offer poor service?

What is dodgy? If a company tells you they're insuring you against third party liability while driving a motor vehicle on the highway and you get stopped, that will either be the case or it won't.

I highly doubt they're pretending to sell insurance and not providing it.

If the claims process is poor lets hear about it - but no one has claimed yet. Again, if it was all over forums you'd hear about it.

If the advertising process is spammy then yeah - I've already made this point and will continue to do so, I've moved the one thread, the rest of the spam is CS users.

Also re Whittie's quote - you wouldn't call Admiral and tell them no more than the model of car would you. Be reasonable.

Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

based on the google reviews i found, yes

wether youd call that conclusive or not is a different matter

the spam nature of the business and the fact it keeps changing names and positions wouldnt sit well with me either

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by Steve]
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He claimed that the new company is nothing to do with Chris Knott or whatever it is, which has been founded to be bullshit. Immediately sounds suspect.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Aug 12 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also to be clear on the CS 'association'.

I've edited the thread - it's not CS insurance or anything to do with CS.

It's a guy from an insurance company making a thread asking people to call him to do business with his company.

CS is no more associated than it is with any other trader and as you will know as you've been here a while, we don't get in to bed with other businesses. I've also no problem siding with users when things go shit shaped.

That said, CS also needs revenue streams and car insurance has the potential to be a fuck off big one. 216 users online, even if they're only paying £500 that's over a hundred grand. While my example is contrived and of course the take up will not be 100% of online users, most notably because a number of key demographic groups are excluded, it still has the potential to be a lot of people. For that reason I'm not too worried how big his banner image is.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Aug 12 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
based on the google reviews i found, yes

Not much substance in those though, the company is horrible and has hidden fees - right OK, so do most places and if you ask or read the docs you'll see the fees.

Admiral have hidden fees and when you phone them you get some foreigner who can't spell Griffiths, but they still get my business because I buy on price. Personally I don't really care whether they are nice to me or I want to Like them on Facebook, its bought because its cheap and its bought because I don't want the car seized at the roadside.

You might feel differently and if you want to pay more and be treated nicely there's an entire marketplace out there full of people taking more money off you.

I'd like to see actual people with actual stories tbh.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get the impression you are getting swayed by the money side of it (im not even convinced there is any money there tbh either), which i completely understand how financing is important to the website, however its not good to put that ahead of user experience and quality of service, that like it or not will reflect badly on the name of the site if its sold through here and ends up being a bad service, people WILL go to other forums and say CS allowed dodgy insurance to be sold.

Its entirely up to you im sure you know more about running it than me, it just screams of being a bit shit and doesnt stack up to me in my mind, however its not my site, i dont intend to use the insurance service so really has nothing to do with me

I will if i suspect something though have a bit of a gander into it, as I did with Dave A and exposed him to be a rogue, and have found, albeit it small, bits of evidence this company may be worth avoiding in the form of google reviews, coupled with the fact hes already tried to lie about names and associations etc, must be a reason for that

Apart from all that, noone likes to see the Spam threads in capitals in Gen chat, thought that was the point of speculative sales?

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by Steve]
whitter45

22nd Aug 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough - just think with the way they have gone about it you could be causing yourself alot of hard work and headaches - especially if 2es. I've also no problem siding with users when things go shit shaped"

Surely your better focussing on suppliers etc that have a proven track record
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Aug 12 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
He claimed that the new company is nothing to do with Chris Knott or whatever it is, which has been founded to be bullshit. Immediately sounds suspect.

I'll give you that, clearly bollocks.

Like most insurance sales talk is clearly bollocks. I already assumed it was the same company with the same people, not difficult to see that. That's why something like that doesn't surprise me as much.

Perhaps you could make a big thing out of it.

Did anyone lose money? What was the reason for the old company going under? Again, could do with seeing actual stories there.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Aug 12 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I get the impression you are getting swayed by the money side of it

people WILL go to other forums and say CS allowed dodgy insurance to be sold.

I will if i suspect something though have a bit of a gander into it, as I did with Dave A and exposed him to be a rogue, and have found, albeit it small, bits of evidence this company may be worth avoiding in the form of google reviews, coupled with the fact hes already tried to lie about names and associations etc, must be a reason for that

thought that was the point of speculative sales?

Money side - I'm not going to lie, it is a potential revenue stream. See my point about insurance on the road side, this isn't a box or air filters which may or may not turn up, this in insurance on the MID which you need to have legally. You can't really blag that. You can fail to pay out and you can levy hidden charges, which is why I'd like to see in the entire history of all these related companies an example of that.

If you're able to do that then sound - we'll know. In fact I'd encourage digging. I think one thing CS can be proud of is that we don't fuck about where the truth is concerned for traders.

Really people will go elsewhere? They'll work out its not CS's doing surely? Are they bad mouthing the other forums? Or does the insurer get the bad name? That's a bit subjective.

Speculative Sales - yeah I moved it when I saw it.

Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright m8, no beef
Baskey

22nd Aug 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should give the guy a break, he's only trying to flog some insurance.

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by Baskey]
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Aug 12 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
Surely your better focussing on suppliers etc that have a proven track record

Tried it over the years - the people we use for link affiliation have car insurers on the books - they're either not competitive on the quotes or the people who are don't want to work with CS because they think it constitutes a high risk.

I have had threads in the past asking people to go get quotes and its name you've heard of - and to date no one has actually gone ahead.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tim@Prestige 23 database queries in 0.0210350 seconds