corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Will they fit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Will they fit?
Southy

User status: Offline
   28th Aug 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm wondering if wheels with 57.1mm centre bore will fit my corsa b with out spigot rings as the centre bore of a corsa is 56.6mm so its only a couple mm out
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Aug 12 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll fit but its probably too small to get a spigot in, which means the weight of the car is on the bolts, which isn't really a good idea.

Also if they're not Vauxhall fitment, the offset might be miles away, what style of wheel is it?
Southy

28th Aug 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VW le castellets, they match pcd, offset is 38.
Prey

28th Aug 12 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the weight of the car isn't held on the bolts - its the friction between the hub and wheel - so the clamping force of the bolts - that takes it (think beetles etc that don't even have a centre).

the centre spigot is just there to centre the wheel so if the wheel doesn't fit tight you'll never get the wheel on *perfectly* straight so you might get some minor vibrations.

just make sure you tighten the wheelbolts up evenly criss-cross with the wheel in the air so that the bolts can centre it as much as possible before you drop it down and it should be ok.
Southy

28th Aug 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right thanks for the info, I've found a site that can make custom spigot rings but they're £45 think I might just go find some simpler, better fitting wheels thanks a lot though!
scottyp1989

29th Aug 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just cut up a bit of coke can to make a spigot, will do exactly the same thing.
Paul W
Premium Member

30th Aug 12 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coke can's a good idea as it's literally fractions of a mm difference.

Le castellets should fit nicely if they're the 15" ones. My OZ turbo's and my brothers BBS RM's are 57.1's and we've had no issues with them at all without running spigots.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project

New Poll