corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what made you turn away

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what made you turn away
Wrighty

User status: Offline
29th Aug 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO the vauxhall thing is tarnished chavvy reputation which i didnt wana be part of anymore by driving or modifying a vauxhall and nothing ever changed, look at pvs pics from the past 5 years, same old recycled shit, xe this, let that. now theyre all trying to follow the vw game with split rims, really low, smooth stuff etc...

corsasports alright for a laugh though

nathy_87

29th Aug 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
just say "skoda fabia"

keep it real

sorry Corrodo man!
Eck
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had four Corsa's, then went to a Saxo VTR, then a 106 XSi, then another Corsa, then a Volvo Brand doesn't bother me but tbh, after the Volvo I went to Honda and can't see me changing any time soon.
Corsa_Sport21

29th Aug 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally turn away to other marques for a change, but always find myself going back to Vauxhall. They are what i know, i like the Vauxhall community and i like the cars.

Driving a Vauxhall, to me means you aren't trying to prove yourself to others.

When i got my old Mk2 MR2, a few people at work assumed i was loaded, making comments as if i was some sort of rich playboy. They just looked at it as some sort of sports car, like a Ferrari. Little did they know it was probably 1 of the cheapest cars i have ever bought, at £425.
Balling
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Driving a Vauxhall, to me means you aren't trying to prove yourself to others.
I can relate to that. You're judged a lot by the car you drive, and I can't help but doing it my self as well. As soon as I see what car people are driving, I've automatically made some kind of assumption about the type of person they are...

Fonz
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive an MX5

why not a Vaux version...they dont do a RWD two seat soft top sports car

ok there is the VX220 but it doesnt have the practicality the MX5 has and there is the cost, insurance, tax and initial cost all out of my budget
Sam
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't owned a Vauxhall in years.

Just can't seem to get excited about most Vauxhalls these days TBH.
AK

29th Aug 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
to do what though? the driving most people do on a day to day basis in the city or communting it wouldnt matter if it was a kia or a hyundai really. its just most people are worried what people would think of them if they drive a more than adequate car on a day to day basis. status type thing. and thats pretty sad.

We'd all live in lined boxes with generic cars then..... people have preferences, and desires. Its human nature to project a good image, attracting a mate like in a wildlife type program perhaps

<if you had heaps of money>

So on your defeatest outlook ... you would drive a base spec fiesta for example over a 997 C2? Just because the fiesta does what you need it to? Please!!!
Nic Barnes

29th Aug 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you read what I wrote or not? I'd say not.
Graham88

29th Aug 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brand doesn't bother me really, but I do look at how nice a car is to drive aswell. Normally if I decide I want something then I can't even sway my own decision! I have a BMW & I like Renault R26's. Completely opposite in terms of build quality but for track they are brilliant cars
RichR
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All of the cars I've owned since my corsa were a case of necessity or the right place and time.

I went from the corsa to an Audi A3 T sport which I bought off my Mum. It was bigger, more practical and better with regards to the commute I had to work everyday. I wanted a few more toys and more comfort than a rattly, bodykitted corsa.

Then my Dad offered me his X Type at a price I couldn't refuse and I wanted more toys and more comfort as well as the running costs and economy of a diesel as the mileage I was doing was increasing towards 30k miles a year.

Last I went halves on a Disco3, primarily for my missus who had horses and was running an equine feed business on the side of her main job at the time; so we needed the practicality and 4wd for that. Once she sold the horses, we sold the car.

So I've had a Vauxhall, an Audi, a Jaguar and a Land Rover. I'm no brand snob, I buy whatever suits my needs.

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by LiVe LeE]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what made you turn away 24 database queries in 0.0099819 seconds