corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Can I fit EPS to my Corsa 1.0 LS 12V?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can I fit EPS to my Corsa 1.0 LS 12V?
Johnjourno

User status: Offline
17th Sep 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry about all the questions, I just want to be sure I get everything I need, So you would recommend getting the heater box too? as the pipe to the drivers side vent didn't fit your heater box?
Jonlem

17th Sep 12 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only loss from not changing the heater box is you won't have a drivers side air vent, not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things but if you can get one and the dash is out then you may as well fit the right one

Johnjourno

17th Sep 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you swapped yours?

Reason I ask is I don't want to get it and find other pipes from it are different too

Did you swap a full dash loom to fit the conversion, or does it plumb into the fusebox?
Jonlem

17th Sep 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car came in as a non epas car with the epas loom, cradle and column already fitted but not wired in, it turned out the clutch pedal was no longer bolted to the cradle so I changed that, and the cable. The heater box was original to the car and the heater hose wouldn't fit through the cradle, I then got a epas hose which was different and although I would fit through the cradle it didn't line up with the heater box itself.

Wiring wise it just needs a 12v live feed off the battery with a 50amp fuse, your fuse box may have the slot for it but won't have the terminals or wire so you will either need to add them or mount a fuse somewhere.

The control for the epas can be done with a dial and control box as found on eBay, these will come with the white plug that plugs into the epas ecu. The control unit just uses a ign live and earth but that's all covered in the instructions.

In short if you get everything on the list I mentioned you should be fine.
Johnjourno

18th Sep 12 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, I'm going for 9, best go and get tooled up
Johnjourno

18th Sep 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This may have been your problem

The smaller part screws onto the heater box and looks like it is part of it, if the part number is of use to you...

[Edited on 18-09-2012 by Johnjourno]
Jonlem

18th Sep 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, that's quite useful to know. I have to admit I was a little suprised that vauxhall would redesign a heater box just for epas cars!

Did you get all the other bits you needed ?
Johnjourno

18th Sep 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've set up a thread on projects, I think so, have a look and let me know what you think

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=642992

[Edited on 18-09-2012 by Johnjourno]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll