corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » replacing driveshaft on corsa b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author replacing driveshaft on corsa b
edd1.0

User status: Offline
17th Sep 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello , im replacing one of my driveshafts on my car tommorrow , im an ex mechanic so im confident in doing the job , but a few questions i want to ask

i know its going to leak gearbox oil out when i pull the old shaft out , but i cant get my car level enough to properly fill it , is it ok to just guestimate the amount that has been lost and just fill it up ? , also is it the reverse sensor you take out to fill the box through ? . its an f13 box i think

also how tight do i need to do the hub nut ? , i believe they have a split pin going through iirc ? , so i pressume not to tight ?

any help would be great

thanks
D0NN3R

User status: Offline
18th Sep 12 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no fill it through the breather
i do my drive shafts up will buzz gun so they will be mega tight and i just guestimate with the level i just think it best to be to much than not enough

New Poll