corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Underpriced White D?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Underpriced White D?
Corsa_Joel

User status: Offline
7th Oct 12 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morning all,

I've recently changed jobs and losing the company car benefit so in the market for a new car quite sharpish. Got a budget of roughly 5k and probably siding towards a D rather than anything else. Really like the white D's but I've not seen any within my price range until now, stumbled across this on AutoTrader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201238485872386/sort/default/usedcars/colour/white/price-to/6000/price-from/5000/model/corsa/make/vauxhall/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/lu54hh/page/1/radius/30?logcode=p

Seems slightly on the cheap side for a low mileage car only a couple of years old to me, but knowing very little about cars I could be very wrong! If anyone could give some advice on how much I should be looking to spend on a D ( especially the one above ) that's only no older than 3-4 years with a relatively low mileage, it'd be much appreciated
andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Oct 12 at 07:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a hpi check on it, it might have been in a accident and written off, how much cheaper is it than other cars with similar age and mileage

April 08 feature car
Toby
Premium Member

7th Oct 12 at 07:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be a scam. They steal the advert, reduce the price and pray on nieave people.
Corsa_Joel

7th Oct 12 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the prompt replies A car of a similar age from what I've seen is around 1-1.5k more but I've also been looking in dealers rather than private sales so thought this may of been a reason for the lower cost.

[Edited on 07-10-2012 by Corsa_Joel]

[Edited on 07-10-2012 by Corsa_Joel]
richardworrall
Premium Member

7th Oct 12 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HPI'd

Condition Alert Damaged

Recorded against Recorded on VCAR Description Date
VIN Category C Insurance Loss. Vehicle Extensively Damaged But Repairable -Insurer Decided Not To Repair VAUXHALL CORSA SXI 01/02/2012
VRM and VIN VIC PASS: This vehicle has had an identity check carried out by VOSA. The V5 will state "substantially repaired and/or accident damaged: identity checked on 10/05/2012" VIC PASS 10/05/2012
Ben G

7th Oct 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit cheeky not declaring that in the advert. Can only mean he's hiding something.
AndyCorsaSport

7th Oct 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he's the person who repaired it by law he has to tell you.

If someone repaired it and he bought it as is now selling it he doesn't have to say. Up to buyer to check b

Don't think he's cheeky really, he's priced it cheap enough. Been cheeky would be asking full whack.
Corsa_Joel

7th Oct 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that Richard mate, thought it was too good to be true but picked up a smart red D from a Vauxhall garage today so not all bad!

Thanks again for all the replies

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Underpriced White D? 24 database queries in 0.0127161 seconds