corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa 20XE MOT question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 20XE MOT question
redtopnutta

User status: Offline
12th Oct 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a redtop 20XE corsa early engine without lambda, cat, adjustable AFM ect.. but how do i get the mot tester to test its emisions for that engine? the engine code can clearly be seen but most mot testers dont have a clue ( i used to work at a big garage and had to test cars myself) thanks alot.
johnhara1

13th Oct 12 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell them it's a pre cat engine and tell them to refer to the handbook if they don't understand the emissions test it needs?

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

13th Oct 12 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need proof of age.

Some might be ok with putting it through as a pre cat engine but the ones I spoke to said they would prefer proof of the age of the engine.

I said to one of them the date was stamped on to the block and he was ok with that.

I think it mainly depends with how you approach them. I read up on it first and had some websites loaded on my phone in case there were any conflicts but the people I spoke to were fine

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

New Poll