corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Looking for route planning software

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking for route planning software
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Nov 12 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 123 deliveries to make within a 3 day window and need to make it the most cost effective route possible.

I have an excel spreadsheet with the addresses but i don't have any postcodes (which I'm guessing will make it trickier)

Does anyone know of any software that i could enter the town name and it calculate the shortest route. I dont mind if i need to manually do it as it could save a small fortune in fuel in an 21t wagon.

Cheers
Tom G

6th Nov 12 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to suggest google maps, but you would have to know which was the closest, then start from there
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aa route planner?

that will suggest a few different routes.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google Maps is restricted to 25 addresses too.

This looks suitable, can even import your excel spreadsheet to it.

http://www.myrouteonline.com/start-free/route-planner-route-planning?gclid=CKrehtmqurMCFe7MtAodtUEAxA
Toby
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably worth adding. I don't know the area at all if i did i could probably work it out myself.

Is there something that will let me enter all locations and just sort them into the shortest route?
Toby
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will give that a go, thanks Mike
Toby
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was hoping not to pay for it, and its struggling without postcodes. Its a good option but anyothers?
Mike
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, didn't realise the cost thing till I tried it myself.
Toby
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh its only $30 for what i need, about £20, its going to cost my time just for that.

Thanks
Mike
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mmm, not convinced on that one tbh, I set a route to minimal time yet it backtracked over the same piece of road 3 times when it only had to be used once.

New Poll