corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 22mm cavalier master cylinder upgrade??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 22mm cavalier master cylinder upgrade??
tobyc20xe

User status: Offline
   11th Nov 12 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above

pro's and con's?

how easy is it to do?

do i just run two new brakes lines up to the four way spliter?

any info would be good

thanks toby

davegreen
Premium Member

11th Nov 12 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car you fitting it to?
tobyc20xe

11th Nov 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
what car you fitting it to?

sorry mate,corsa b
davegreen
Premium Member

11th Nov 12 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt fit. tried it. unless you do major work. a mondeo one fits with work i belive. why would you want to? if adjusted correctly a standard one works fine with 288 up front and 260 discs at the rear. remove all the free play between pedal and servo. done this to mine 4 years ago good pedal feel no probs.
tobyc20xe

11th Nov 12 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
doesnt fit. tried it. unless you do major work. a mondeo one fits with work i belive. why would you want to? if adjusted correctly a standard one works fine with 288 up front and 260 discs at the rear. remove all the free play between pedal and servo. done this to mine 4 years ago good pedal feel no probs.

it has bin done before and dose work hence why i ask.
reason being the 22mm one was ment for 2.0 brakes ect and takes the shit pedel feel away.Good for people with rear discs to as they work much better to.

anyone with any info and pics of work would be good

thanks toby
vauxhead

11th Nov 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted it to my track car, you have to block off two of its outlets, make new pipes and also grind a small part off the casting so it clears the wiper linkage:

Only thing with it, is the top brace has nowhere to bolt into, but Im sure someone could figure it out

davegreen
Premium Member

11th Nov 12 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which cav is that from then? ones i tried where fabricated steel not cast. from late 2.0 16v cavs.
tobyc20xe

11th Nov 12 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers vauxhead,did you use the corsa reservoir also did you just make two new lines upto the four way splitter? what cav did it come from?

[Edited on 11-11-2012 by tobyc20xe]
vauxhead

11th Nov 12 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

early cav with no abs, corsa reservoir fits, made new lines to the 4 way spiltter.
tobyc20xe

12th Nov 12 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vauxhead
early cav with no abs, corsa reservoir fits, made new lines to the 4 way spiltter.

thanks mate,have u2u'd you
Cossie

13th Nov 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone tried re-bore the master cylinder of the corsa to large bore and using bigger seals from other vaux ?
davegreen
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be done with a good machinest, be a few people wanting an uprated master cylinder for a corsa thats a perfect fit with no other mods. with a lathe or mill and correct boring tool it would a simple job.
tobyc20xe

13th Nov 12 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pointless! for the time ect of doing that i would just get a cav 22mm one and redo two new lines to the four way splitter
Jas

16th Dec 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MrRodge

17th Dec 12 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tobyc20xe
quote:

reason being the 22mm one was ment for 2.0 brakes ect and takes the shit pedel feel away.Good for people with rear discs to as they work much better to.

thanks toby

how do you adjust the free play in the pedal mate? i have 2.0L brakes and my pedal is wank tbh lol
tobyc20xe

18th Dec 12 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MrRodge
quote:
quote:

thanks toby

how do you adjust the free play in the pedal mate? i have 2.0L brakes and my pedal is wank tbh lol

Fitting a 22mm cavalier master cylinder really helped bud,replaceing all brake fluid as am guessing it's never bin done? It's a good idea to replate it ever few years! The pedal can be adjusted although am unsure how...u2u dave think he knows
Bissmire

18th Dec 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what exactly is needed? Just to blank the rear off and run new lines to the splitter? Simple as that? What Cav is the MC from?
Mr-SEH

18th Dec 12 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gm3492616 that the part number for it. Thanks to Toby
tobyc20xe

18th Dec 12 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
So what exactly is needed? Just to blank the rear off and run new lines to the splitter? Simple as that? What Cav is the MC from?

Two blanking bolt's to blank two of them off,yes run two new lines to the four way splitter you need four male brake line fitting,new brake line 3/16 size. Ebay best place..loads of good cheap stuff. The new 22mm cavalier master cylinder needs some grinding down a littleyo clear wiper arm. I can u2u come pics if you like bud. DON'T bover going to vauxhall for one it's about £75+ at a guess go to your local moto parts place it will be about £45 new needs to be a non ABS one or just go get one from a scrap yard.

[Edited on 18-12-2012 by tobyc20xe]
tobyc20xe

18th Dec 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to add i can come help you fit it if your not to far away from me bud? Away with work in cumbria at the moment.
Bissmire

19th Dec 12 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire

Two blanking bolt's to blank two of them off,yes run two new lines to the four way splitter you need four male brake line fitting,new brake line 3/16 size. Ebay best place..loads of good cheap stuff. The new 22mm cavalier master cylinder needs some grinding down a littleyo clear wiper arm. I can u2u come pics if you like bud. DON'T bover going to vauxhall for one it's about £75+ at a guess go to your local moto parts place it will be about £45 new needs to be a non ABS one or just go get one from a scrap yard.

[Edited on 18-12-2012 by tobyc20xe]

Thanks for that mate, I'm from Berkshire so not close... Wont be a problem fitting it anyway.

Yeah I'll go to the scrappy, probabky get one for £10. Cheers
Mr-SEH

19th Dec 12 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is none at my breakers never got Cavaliers anymore ! Bissmire if you get one anychance you can get a reg number and I can go from there?
tobyc20xe

19th Dec 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mr-SEH
There is none at my breakers never got Cavaliers anymore ! Bissmire if you get one anychance you can get a reg number and I can go from there?

I think they might be one in my local scrap yard so il see what i can do bud if not go into your local moto parts place and ask them to find you a 22mm cavalier master cylinder,one with NO abs! They wont need a number plate tbh.
Mr-SEH

19th Dec 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your a diamond once again cheers mate
tobyc20xe

19th Dec 12 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mr-SEH
Your a diamond once again cheers mate

No worrys bud need anything u2u me

New Poll