corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » a word of warning.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author a word of warning.
Ben G

User status: Offline
17th Nov 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

copied from another forum.

quote:
Received a phone call from BT, informing me that he was disconnecting me because of an unpaid bill.. He demanded payment immediately of £31.00 or it would be £ 118.00 to re-connect at a later date. The guy wasn't even fazed when I told him I was with Virgin Media, allegedly VM have to pay BT a percentage
for line rental! I asked the guy's name - he gave me the very 'English'
John Peacock with a very 'African' accent - & phone number -0800 0800 152. Obviously the fellow realized I didn't believe his story, so offered to demonstrate that he was from BT. I asked how & he told me to hang up & try phoning someone - he would disconnect my phone to prevent this. AND HE DID !! My phone
was dead - no engaged tone, nothing - until he phoned me again. Very pleased with himself, he asked i

f that was enough proof that he was with BT. I asked how the payment was to be...made & he said credit card, there & then. I said that I didn't know how he'...

d done it, but I had absolutely no intention of paying him, I didn't believe his name or that he worked for BT. He hung up. I dialed 1471 -number withheld I phoned his fictitious 0800 number - not recognized. So I phoned the police to let them know. I wasn't the first! It's only just started apparently, but it is escalating. Their advice was to let as many people as possible know of this scam. The fact that the phone does go off would probably convince some people it's real, so please make as many friends & family aware of this. How is it done? This is good but not that clever. He gave the wrong number - it should have been 0800 800 152 which takes you through to BT Business. The cutting off of the line is very simple, he stays on the line with the mute button on and you can't dial out - but he can hear you trying. (This is because the person who initiates a call is the one to terminate it). When you stop trying he cuts off and immediately calls back. You could almost be convinced! The sad thing is that it is so simple that it will certainly fool many. By the way this is not about getting the cash as this would not get past merchant services - it is all about getting the credit card details which include the security number, to be used for larger purchases - PLEASE COPY & PASTE

i used to do this to my other half when she tried to ring her mum. was funny at the time. shame i didn't think of setting up a 'business' doing it
Russ

17th Nov 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the phone not working
kennySRi

17th Nov 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like you would fall for that anyway.
Ben G

17th Nov 12 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plenty of women and grannies would i bet.
Jamie-C

17th Nov 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty of people would fall for that!
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Nov 12 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had some bird ring me the other day, saying I was having trouble with my computer, and she would talk me throught how to fix it. Same again English name Paki voice, she could even tell me my email, or name, so told her to fuck off.
Russ

17th Nov 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No need to be racist you delinquent
Jamie-C

17th Nov 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
I had some bird ring me the other day, saying I was having trouble with my computer, and she would talk me throught how to fix it. Same again English name Paki voice, she could even tell me my email, or name, so told her to fuck off.
A friend got this before and they told to go on some website and type in his bank details, at which point he realised it was dodgy so they took control of his computer and loaded it with viruses
neil h

17th Nov 12 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
like you would fall for that anyway.

This
Matt L

17th Nov 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty similar to the thing i got yesterday

randomly surfing innocent websites got a screen that come up saying that my my computer was locked by the rozzers and i had to pay £100 to unlock it z some retards about in the world if they pay that.
fazza

17th Nov 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
A friend got this before and they told to go on some website and type in his bank details, at which point he realised it was dodgy so they took control of his computer and loaded it with viruses

same friend that bought a boat?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » a word of warning. 23 database queries in 0.0122738 seconds