corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.7 CDTI cold start hunting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.7 CDTI cold start hunting
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Dec 12 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this problem on my Combo C van since I've had it but now the weathers getting colder its becoming a real pain! On cold start the revs hunt between roughly 600-900 revs. But lately the revs have been dropping down to 500ish and then it just cuts out. The last few days I've had to hold the revs with the accelerator for about 30 seconds to stop it cutting it. Today it stalled 4 times Once its warmed up a bit its fine though?

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing it?

Cheers
johnhara1

2nd Dec 12 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

air getting into the fuel system somewhere.
1L Nick

2nd Dec 12 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its done high mileage I'd put some injector cleaner in it first. Because diesels tend to build up crap in the fuel system.

Run it down to 1/4 full an put some a full tub of injector cleaner in then go on a drive for about 10 miles try to high rev it then leave it for couple of hours. Then go for another drive an then leave it over night an see hw it goes .
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for your replies chaps

johnhara that seems to be the conclusion I've been finding after a search on google mate yes. Seems a pretty common problem but I still haven't found what is likely to need fixing/replacing

Nick it is on fairly high miles mate yeah but it had a full service done less than 2k ago and I ran a bottle of Forte diesel treatment though it but this didn't help unfortunately

[Edited on 02-12-2012 by shaunmods]
vx-scottw
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glow plugs, fuel pump, injectors failing just a shout out
carl roper

2nd Dec 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the condition of the copper washers on the fuel lines
1L Nick

2nd Dec 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right ok. An they are common for fuel pumps so it might b sucking air in there. Like johnhara said .
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all the suggestions guys. Appreciate the help

Carl I'll have a look at the washer tomorrow in the day light and report back
carl roper

2nd Dec 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if you will them on yours, but i have them on my 8v isuzu and it wouldnt start without one washer missing

New Poll