corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This week in work

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This week in work
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Dec 12 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been swopping a engine out of a 2007 520D the past couple of days... my god its a easy thing to work on
engine came out peice of cake, looms are easy to disconnect and the way they are ran is brillinat

thought it was going to be a massive pain in the arse
engines arnt cheap though haha
kennySRi

19th Dec 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never done a 5 series but in a 3 they're dead easy. Unbolt the front of the car off, unplug a few things and it comes straight out. No messing with driveshafts or anything, very easy things.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Dec 12 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't even take the front off when I did it. Lift it straight out. Was the 1st time I've done a engine on a BMW and it was one of the easiest I've ever done tbh. Specially with it being a 4 pot. Loads of room

Lovely cars to work on
N16K

19th Dec 12 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Been swopping a engine out of a 2007 520D the past couple of days... my god its a easy thing to work on
engine came out peice of cake, looms are easy to disconnect and the way they are ran is brillinat

thought it was going to be a massive pain in the arse
engines arnt cheap though haha

how much is the labour costing if you don't mind me asking.

[Edited on 19-12-2012 by N16K]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Dec 12 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16 hours labour at 40 a hour plus vat
Plus oil and oil filter which is very expensive due to it being dextros 2 low ash oil
About £6 a litre plus vat I think... It takes 6.5 litres
And antifreeze

So it will be a decent sized bill haha

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This week in work 23 database queries in 0.0120361 seconds