corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How can I prove the value of something to the Royal fail?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How can I prove the value of something to the Royal fail?
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 12 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Royal mail lost my item so need to put in a claim to get compensation. They require proof of the value of the item though.

Last time I put in a claim I provided a copy of my bank statement from the sale of the item and all I got in compensation was 6 1st class stamps as it was what they called insufficient evidence. So what am I meant to provide?
Lee_fr200

22nd Dec 12 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you find a similar item for sale with its original price, then also show them the transaction from eBay/PayPal or bank account
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 12 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ring and ask what is evidence?
Christopher

22nd Dec 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get them to buy another one for you and say there you go i told you!

As taylorboosh said ring them and see what they classify as sufficient evidence!
Generation

22nd Dec 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you sold via eBay, put a pic if the listing up
Welsh Dan

22nd Dec 12 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work for Royal Mail Customer Services. What was it you sent, and I'll tell you what you can use.
Jamie-C

22nd Dec 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was an ignition barrel and lock set for a car. Was sold on another forum but there was no for sale thread so no proof of an advert. I'm probably going to end up out of pocket again!
mattant

22nd Dec 12 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sent them a copy of the PayPal payment email, and the PMs between me and the forum member discussing the price. Also the receipt for the postage. Got a cheque for the full amount a few weeks later.
Haimsey
Premium Member

22nd Dec 12 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently did this. Had to provide PayPal statements showing the funds out and then an invoice from website showing goods.
They argued. Eventually sent me a book of first class stamps because they said there wasn't much they could do. Fuckers.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
kennySRi

22nd Dec 12 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sending stamps instead of money? What a joke, if they lost one of my parcels i wouldnt know what to do if they sent me stamps for the compo
nibnob21
Premium Member

22nd Dec 12 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to me once with a buyer screwing me over on eBay. I sent them a copy of the invoice/paypal receipt and got the full amount back.

MX5 Project Thread
monkeytwizzel

22nd Dec 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn`t it also go by how much you valued it at time of posting,for claim get proof of value of same item and purchase cost evidence.
Generation

22nd Dec 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got fuxked over when sending reading festival
Tickets for
Next day delivery that I sold on eBay.

Got £200 compensation
Welsh Dan

23rd Dec 12 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As already suggested, PayPal printout or bank statement is your best bet. Bear in mind that it was a few years ago when I worked for them, I bet they're even worse for paying out now

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How can I prove the value of something to the Royal fail? 24 database queries in 0.0108740 seconds