corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you get Migraine Triggers?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you get Migraine Triggers?
Tiger

User status: Offline
28th Dec 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get them fairly often, but never (thankfully) get the actual full headache, usually just an annoying mild headache.

I found a site that has an animation that is actually spot on in terms of what actually happens in my vision

http://www.knownjohnson.com/?p=73

Its worse when i'm driving and get them because you have huge blindspots in your vision and sometimes cant see small dangers. You just have to find somewhere to pull over and wait til it passes.

Anyone else get them?

jonny-sport

28th Dec 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get flashing specs in my eyes which can cover up to 90% of my sight and they suddenly disapear and the burning up, banging head, sickness, drowsyness/almost passing out etc starts
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Dec 12 at 01:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blindness also - starts small then spreads massively until the pain sets in. I rarely get them now. It was chocolate that gave me them so I quit that for a few years.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
A2H GO

29th Dec 12 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep I get exactly that. It only started around 18 months ago so was quite worrying when it happened the first time. Not had it for a while, no idea what triggers it(possibly dehydration) and I don't always get the headache after.

[Edited on 29-12-2012 by A2H GO]
CorsAsh

29th Dec 12 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get them too. Stress, caffeine and working on a computer all day can set them off. Not a great situation given that describes an average working day for me.
sc0ott

29th Dec 12 at 03:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to get them a lot but not had one in a while.

The moving blurryness part reminded me of the little black and white thing you see in the corner of the tele just before the adverts come on.
Winemaker

29th Dec 12 at 04:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly, I'll be fucked!! I get those but, with no headache just that annoying thing at the end of that animation, never knew what it was
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

29th Dec 12 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever I get the blindness I have to stop what I'm doing and get a way home as I'll have a migraine for the next 12-24hours! Never used to have them then they started and I get them every couple of months!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Tiger

29th Dec 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Yep I get exactly that. It only started around 18 months ago so was quite worrying when it happened the first time. Not had it for a while, no idea what triggers it(possibly dehydration) and I don't always get the headache after.

Dehydration has been known to trigger mine.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

29th Dec 12 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Dehydration triggers mine as well

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
shane_o

29th Dec 12 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had this for a long time, sometimes i get away without a migraine but 80% of the time i leave work when my vision comes back and the migraine sets in, have no idea what sets it off for me or if anything can be done about it?
A2H GO

29th Dec 12 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

Dehydration has been known to trigger mine.

Think that's it, I drink fuck all.
Ricky352

29th Dec 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get what that video shows, but I do get a very sore headache and blind spots, like you would get if you looked directly at the sun. Got one recently for the first time in over a year when I was working. Was a bloody nightmare and although the blind spots lasted a couple of hours, the sore head lasted nearly 24 hours. Best thing I find to do is go lie down in a dark room. Pity I was working outside at the time!
Tiger

29th Dec 12 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky352
I don't get what that video shows, but I do get a very sore headache and blind spots, like you would get if you looked directly at the sun. Got one recently for the first time in over a year when I was working. Was a bloody nightmare and although the blind spots lasted a couple of hours, the sore head lasted nearly 24 hours. Best thing I find to do is go lie down in a dark room. Pity I was working outside at the time!

What that video shows is exactly what my brain see's when I'm getting a migraine. It's exactly what I can see when it occurs.
Ricky352

29th Dec 12 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry maybe I worded that wrong. I don't experience what the video shows, but a different type of 'blind spot.' Thats mad though, my manager seems bad with them, maybe thats what he sees too.
Scotty_B

29th Dec 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That bloody video almost gave me a migraine.

Dehydration triggers mine aswell.
Bonney

29th Dec 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to get these all the time, Went through everything as to what caused them, like not getting enough sleep, diet pleanty of drinks and in the end it came down to something that was in chewing gum and mints that caused it. Stopped chewing gum and mints and never had one since!

Really is strange how simple things affect different people!
T21SVJ

30th Dec 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jonny-sport
get flashing specs in my eyes which can cover up to 90% of my sight and they suddenly disapear and the burning up, banging head, sickness, drowsyness/almost passing out etc starts

That what my girlfriend get, shes stop having coffee now and only has small amounts of chocolate, shes also started drinking alot more water and having more snacks which has helped.

she used to get them once a week now about once every 2 months or so but she still sick and has to go into a dark room and sleep.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you get Migraine Triggers? 24 database queries in 0.0132060 seconds