corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe vs x16xechived

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe vs x16xechived
ardensport

User status: Offline
6th Jan 13 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before people start writing comments about doing conversions to the bigger c20xe i have owned a c20xe and iv also owned a c20let but both cars have been lets say (front heavy) i do the tarmac slalom and road/rally in the southwest. im after doing a x16xe engine as i have sold mt c20xe as it kept under-steering. has anyone had any experience in tuning the x16xe engine and what sort of gains can be achived.

bassicaly has anyone had there x16xe on the rollers and what hp was achived with what mods
thanks
Kippers

6th Jan 13 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about before YOU start posting comments how about you dont be lazy, Use the search matey.

This has been covered a millions times.

Kippers

6th Jan 13 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh by the way. You spell it "achieved".

ardensport

6th Jan 13 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell mate calm down a simple answer would of been nice. its people like you that make sites like these shit. iv used the search bar but i havent got any answers on track references between these engines. im not after some little chav telling me hes got 500bhp from a corsa i want propper people telling me propper figures. as for my spelling i understnad that it may not be up to your standard but to be honest "mate" but iv got dyslexia so i cant speel to great. come on corsasport give me a person who actually knows info i want and not a fucking spell checker!!!
corsa_sean

6th Jan 13 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone who cant spell has dyslexia and you probaly dont since you spelt speel and spelling in the same sentance but anyway im sure you can achieve 180-190 bhp but thats throwing some serious money at it whats your budget ? How lairy you wanting to go ?
ardensport

6th Jan 13 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the reliability like on a tuned x16xe. iv bought a secon hand x16xe with a vx inlet and 4-2-1 manifold also decated but i need to see what sort of power i can run safely and how does it compare to the bigger c20xe. my budget is 6k as thats what i got for both my corsa's and a bit of savings lol
ardensport

6th Jan 13 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i forgot to mention that i defonatly do have dyslexia but as for the speel/spell thing that was my keyboard and an angry me typing that did that ahha
davegreen
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 02:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check out sbd motorsport, throttle bodies is the way to go on the 1.6 16v with a £6k budget you should get some decent power, engines are capable of well over 200bhp.
tobyc20xe

6th Jan 13 at 04:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a lad called dave who owned Vsport a few years ago,he got just over 200bhp out of his N/A x16xe engine on bodies ect. Set him back about 8/9k by the time he was done though. Have a look on youtube bud pritty sure there's a video or two of it on the rollers
FlamingCorsa

6th Jan 13 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wot about a different car altogether, its pretty well known that a clio 172/182 or a pug 106 gti will handle beta and be cheaper to buy then leaves you money for suspension mods or wot ever else you fancy?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

182 and 3k on mods
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pasky on here has a pretty highly modified 1.6, I'd send him a message to see what he is running/reliability etc.

Lots of people do modify the 1.6 so you should be able to find quite a bit of info.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
BenC1985

6th Jan 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Search for brosters old sport. That was running more power than sbd managed to get from a x16xe. It was a few years ago though
BenC1985

6th Jan 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a vid of it on the rollers at jamsport in northampton. Just type in brostrlers corsa into youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeRhFq8g_4s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
corsa120

6th Jan 13 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly did you have a very good suspension setup on ur old 2.0 corsa's as ive have had many types of suspension setups and as soon as i fitted 1k worth of bilsteins polybushes with decent tyres and fast road setup it was like driving a different car all my understeer had virtually disapeared....
ardensport

6th Jan 13 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so to achieve 150bhp what mods would need to be done. i have a set of t/b in my shed but they need repairing. other than body's whats a good way to get to 150??? thanks for all the reply's by the way
davegreen
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head work, cams, throttle bodies, stand alone ecu full exhaust system should see you well on the way to or over 150 bhp.
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a X16 with over 100k on the clock make 108 BHP at the wheels. With a ported TB, VX inlet, 4-1 and stainless cat back.
aaron_c20

6th Jan 13 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ardensport
bloody hell mate calm down a simple answer would of been nice. its people like you that make sites like these shit. iv used the search bar but i havent got any answers on track references between these engines. im not after some little chav telling me hes got 500bhp from a corsa i want propper people telling me propper figures. as for my spelling i understnad that it may not be up to your standard but to be honest "mate" but iv got dyslexia so i cant speel to great. come on corsasport give me a person who actually knows info i want and not a fucking spell checker!!!

well said mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe vs x16xechived 24 database queries in 0.0182621 seconds