corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Problem with a direct debit.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem with a direct debit.
Ben G

User status: Offline
10th Jan 13 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

traded the fiesta in on 21/12/2012, which is the day i picked up the focus.

i was told not to do anything with the existing direct debit and nothing will come out of my bank account until the new payment was set up for the focus.

on 31/12/2012, the direct debit for the fiesta came out, even though i no longer had the car and was told it wouldn't come out.

i left it to see if the new payment would come out soon after, and sure enough, on the 7th the new direct debit for the focus came out.

i guess it's just a case of just calling and asking them to refund the payment, but is there anything i've done wrong here?

It's rather annoyed me that the ''business manager'' at the ford dealer told me not to cancel the direct debit incase it messed anything up.
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Jan 13 at 05:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could it be the final payment going out?

I've had a this a couple of times now with my work cars where my payments are in arrears, so I get the last one coming out after the end of my term...
dannymccann

10th Jan 13 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea check the Fiesta contract and then cancel it / ask for money back (with interest if they took it wrong)
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jan 13 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ALWAYS cancel DD's even when told not to upon cancelling any kind of service. This seems to happen every damn time!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Whittie

10th Jan 13 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^This
Liam-Wilko

10th Jan 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I ALWAYS cancel DD's even when told not to upon cancelling any kind of service. This seems to happen every damn time!

^^ This you can pop into or phone your bank and ask them to recall the payment
Ben G

10th Jan 13 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

this is why i asked him, but he was 100% sure it wouldn't come out.

djgritt - good question. i'll give the guy who sold us the car a call and ask him. pretty sure i didn't have to pay it though as i hadn't had the car a full month, just like i haven't had the focus a full month yet.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Problem with a direct debit. 24 database queries in 0.0132709 seconds