corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electrics on corsa b (please help)!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electrics on corsa b (please help)!
moka

User status: Offline
   10th Jan 13 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having a few electrical issues on my Corsa B (1999 1.6 sport).

The reverse lights don’t always come on when engaging reverse!
One headlight doesn’t work on dipped beam but it does on full beam and sidelight/parking light... unless i mess around with the wires for a bit!
Central locking seems to work one day and not the other???? This is really frustrating.

Would love a few tips on where to start looking. As they all work 'intermittently' i can assume the fuses etc are fine. I'm thinking either earth (where can i find these on a corsa) or corroded cables?
corsa-torque

10th Jan 13 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd put the reverse lights down to the reverse switch, try changing that.
And as for the central locking try using WD40 over all the system, I had this issue managed to fix it with wd40 and white grease, seems the resistance to locking via the key has a factor in it working or not
daine
Premium Member

10th Jan 13 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Central locking could be the micro switch loose on the barrel in the driver's door, take door
card off and watch the inside as you open and lock with the key!

reverse light will be switch on front of gearbox under the secondary air pump!

the bulb want's changing if it doesn't work on dip and does on full.

take the bulb holder out the head light, make sure you have a good contact with these bulb's

hope this helps

New Poll