corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa c non start

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c non start
alan t

User status: Offline
11th Jan 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey folks, bought a corsa c for the grand sum of 70 quid off my mrs friend tonight, doesnt start and sounds like it has no compression.

First thoughts are its jumped the timing chain, last chain kit I bought was of ebay for about £60

Anyone know of anywhere that sells them cheaper? Probs cant get much cheaper than that but its worth a try

jonnieboy

11th Jan 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.0 or 1.2? might be cheaper to buy a new engine?
alan t

11th Jan 13 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2, never seen engines for cheaper than 60 quid?

Pretty sure a chain kit will do it so just needing to find one, cheaper the better
jonnieboy

11th Jan 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been offered afew 1.0 for around 40-50 quid recently, i would of thought 1.2's go for around the same?

only problem is you don't know the history, and apparently all engine have done around 60,000?!?
alan t

11th Jan 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never seen a 1.2 engine go for less than 300 up here, hard to find as well as everyone is always after them

not needing a engine anyway just links for anywhere that may be cheaper for a chain kit or i'll just order a ebay special

just need toget the car running, tidy up a few bits then sell on for a tidy profit
alan t

11th Jan 13 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

infact scrap that idea, just added it al up as it needs a new windscreen and other bits and bobs and dont really think it will be worth it.

got offered £175 for it off a website so there coming to collect it on tuesday.

£105 profit for just toeing it down the road and i'l take the headunit out of it before it gets scrapped and sell that

New Poll