corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Non-racism getting called racist - Rant

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Non-racism getting called racist - Rant
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
13th Jan 13 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I still maintain anyone who needs telling can't be told.

I dont agree with that
neil h

13th Jan 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
yes I am very much discriminating who can and can not use the words 'Paki' and 'nigger' on the basis of that persons race

I will say for why one more time

Pakistanis calling themselves pakis is not an issue which needs addressing in our society- white people racially abusing asians with the word -is

You can go on about historical references all night long but it doesn't change the fact that moving discrimination from one race to another isn't the solution to the problem.
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jan 13 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by baza31
I don't see what's wrong with been racist . Every individual has their own choice on their own decisions.

If you were a black man for example, and some white folk came up to you and called you a nigger, telling you to go back to your own country, making gorilla noises etc., and were behaving in an obviously derogatory manner towards you, would you not have issue with this?

[Edited on 13-01-2013 by Sam]

Only the same as any other insult.

The definition of racism was posted pages ago. Nothing else posted after that fits said description so your all wrong!

Go home you paki - not racist

Folk from ireland are all potato farmers - racist

Yet which comment would attract most media attentionas being raciat?!
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 13 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Posted by whom?
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 13 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont agree with that

Two things -

Anyone with a bit of a brain will get it, and will try hard not be racist.

Anyone who is really racist can't really be changed. If someone intentionally and deliberately dislikes people on the basis of their race, you're not going to educate them out of that.

You can raise awareness, you can attempt to make people try and work a bit harder on it, you can probably make people a bit more understanding about what things they need to do differently in order not to discriminate. But anyone who is a deep, long term, blinkered racist isn't going to benefit from whatever staff development you can subject them to.

[Edited on 13-01-2013 by Ian]
Russ

13th Jan 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If someone intentionally and deliberately dislikes people on the basis of their race, you're not going to educate them out of that.
why not? it is educated into them? you arent born racist.. its not a disease
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 13 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its my opinion. Best of luck with that one.

To expand because I don't want anyone to misunderstand me -

Most people in the UK have already been exposed to quite a lot of debate on racism. They've probably been educated at school, by the media, at work etc.

If someone has made it all the way through that and still hasn't changed, best of luck.

Its not like you take a 25 year old person who has never met the issue of racism before and say 'you know what, you can't say those those' and they go 'oh my I've been doing it wrong all these years I'm so sorry' and change there that day.

People already get loads of exposure to this issue and how the behave. And if they still get it wrong, its probably because they decided to get it wrong.

You might suppress it, you might make it possible for those people to exist in modern society and not make their views known, but you will have a very hard job changing those people completely.

Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jan 13 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And to be specific - you are not going to change baza.
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 13 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

neil h

13th Jan 13 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Is that not discriminating against Baza because he's a racist?
baza31

13th Jan 13 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
I dont agree with that

Two things -

Anyone with a bit of a brain will get it, and will try hard not be racist.

Anyone who is really racist can't really be changed. If someone intentionally and deliberately dislikes people on the basis of their race, you're not going to educate them out of that.

You can raise awareness, you can attempt to make people try and work a bit harder on it, you can probably make people a bit more understanding about what things they need to do differently in order not to discriminate. But anyone who is a deep, long term, blinkered racist isn't going to benefit from whatever staff development you can subject them to.

I fully agree with this. Although what happens when you go through life, learn things , then give benefit of the doubt and try to change your opinion , then over years realise that maybe the problem doesn't stem from what I think, and the problem actually lays with the same ones calling people racist. Your correct , my opinions and views won't be changed by no one, I have my views from my own personal experience .

M2RTY

14th Jan 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the kids to understand:

I dont like sprouts

Sprouts are good for you

I am educated enough to hide my feelings and maybe eat one at christmas so i dont upset my family

But i will never like sprouts
DaveyLC

14th Jan 13 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
And why is telling someone from Pakistan to go back to their own country racist? Again, you're white so assume saying something to a brown person means it's racist.

Because normally the total MORON that is telling the person to go back to "their own country" has completley missed the point that the person was probably born in the UK..
Gary
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Posted by whom?

Ste, 5th post, P2
Ste
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Ste
And why is telling someone from Pakistan to go back to their own country racist? Again, you're white so assume saying something to a brown person means it's racist.

Because normally the total MORON that is telling the person to go back to "their own country" has completley missed the point that the person was probably born in the UK..

Did you miss 'from Pakistan'

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Non-racism getting called racist - Rant 24 database queries in 0.0162320 seconds