corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Breakdown Cover

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Breakdown Cover
antnee

User status: Offline
12th Jan 13 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the deal with the 'unknown' companies, do they just send a local firm out to you?

Found personal cover, with recovery and homestart for £38 (AA is 80, RAC is 94) with some company called AutoAid
Simon_16v

12th Jan 13 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd google first, girlfriend got breakdown cover with some random company and turned out to be some useless who sends out little garages to you.

Needless to say she got her money back
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they usually send out a local recovery firm and pay that recovery firm to do the job.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen some in the past that stated they used local companies whom you pay and then forward the invoice to claim your money back so deffo check it out. The AA use third parties as well though so it's not necessarily a negative. Obviously local companies will usually only recover you so far then you have to wait for another one but I've heard of the bigger companies doing the same where they'll send a driver with not many driving hours left just to cut down on the original waiting time so you'll wait say half an hour at the roadside but that driver will only take you to the next services where you can wait in safe surroundings for another driver who has enough hours left to get you home, or at least a good way towards it.
deano87

12th Jan 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does your dad have decent cover?

I'm on my dad's policy. Homestart, Relay and Roadside for about £30 per year.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Breakdown Cover 23 database queries in 0.0099609 seconds