corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » spring gap, vectra b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author spring gap, vectra b
Jed D

User status: Offline
16th Jan 13 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi just wondering if anyone has any old vectra b rear springs laying around that they could measure the gap for me...?

and also, same again on some 40mm corsa c rear springs if their all the same, im not sure

cheers
davegreen
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa c and vectra b springs are totaly differant and also it will depend at what point on the spring you messure the gap as they are progresive springs, the gaps are differant over the lenght of the springs. standard vectra b springs are prone to going weak and reducing ride height and load carrying capacity before they bottom out. are you having trouble using the vectra as a tow car, to low on the rear? ive got a set of spax coilovers here only used for 1year before i scraped it.
Jed D

17th Jan 13 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to know the measurement for a vectra b just to stiffin up the back end but i also want to know what size the gap is in the corsa aswell...

about to order some towing assisters for the vectra but while im on il get the corsa some too to stiffin up the rear end

[Edited on 17-01-2013 by Jed D]
daine
Premium Member

17th Jan 13 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jed, are veccy estate the same but stronger !?!?!?
davegreen
Premium Member

17th Jan 13 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall used to make stiffer springs for vectras used by the emergancy services as they usually carry alot of extra wieght. think they did helpers for towing to?
Jed D

18th Jan 13 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv found the helpers for towing on ebay for £12 or something like that but i need to know what size the gap is before i order them. still got the tow bar to fit aswell, this weather is p'ing me off

New Poll