corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Supplements/Food Plans

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym Supplements/Food Plans
Neo

User status: Offline
16th Jan 13 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want some advice if you please.

The problem I'm having is that although I've had ok growth over the past couple of years (40lb), I'd like to see some more rapid size gains. Been taking solely MP Whey and MP Creatine for the past 6 months or so and eating clean (apart from the Christmas/NY Binge) however I'm now coming to the end of this bag of Whey and wondered if there is anything better/alternative that's worth giving a try before I just go and place another repeat order? I've had a few products mentioned but would prefer for people who have tried the products to give recommendations.

Secondly, although my diet is clean, I know I don't eat anywhere near enough to expect gains quickly. I live a fairly busy lifestyle, up at 6.15, in the car by 7.15 and not home/at the gym till gone 6.30pm most days. After training, drive home, showered and eaten dinner its 10pm and I'm shagged so no time or energy to prepare anything for the next day. Plus my job doesn't give me the freedom to prepare food on site and eat at regular intervals.

Whats the best way around it ? Best foods to eat ? Any solutions other people have found where they have been in a similar situation ?
Corsa_Joel

16th Jan 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's your average daily diet look like?
Neo

16th Jan 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's bad I've never really bothered about it massively, just tried to stay away from tons of fat

Breakfast is normally toast or porridge, protein shake and a glass of OJ
Lunch is either a sandwich/wrap or I skip it if I have no time/can't get to a shop
Post Workout is a shake
Dinner is always 2 chicken breasts with a load of veg and Brown Rice/Pasta/Noodles

I drink about 6 to 7 pints of water a day and 2 coffee's.
sc0ott

16th Jan 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive found eating bigger portions of food for breaky, dinner and tea and then having weight gainer shakes in between works, especially if you keep away from sweets and crisps etc. Basically just bulk up if youre not a fat person already.

Im up at 6 and im straight on to the weetabix. Usually just eat it until i cant go any further, which is minimum 6, sometimes 8.
Hungry by 9 so i have a tin of ambrosia rice.
10.20 - weight gainer shake and a banana.
12.30 - tin of beans on 4 full slices of toast, either wholemeal or that hovis seeded sensation and then another tin of rice, which fills me up all afternoon.
4.15 i have another weight gainer shake and banana.
6.30 ill have my tea.
7.20 gym time.
8.45ish another weight gainer shake.
10.00 is sleep time.

Its maybe not a ukmuscle approved bulking diet but its put on over 3 stone on me in total.

Also train legs once or twice a week and your weight will shoot up.
Corsa_Joel

17th Jan 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the worst diet in the world, the food is clean enough but just not enough of it!

I'd suggest something along the lines of

Breakfast - Porridge, shake, water/green tea
Mid Morning - Handful of almonds + beef jerky
Lunch - Tuna with a source of carbs, brown rice would be best but i'm guessing you may not have time to eat this so stick to a sandwich / wrap / pitta etc. but ensure it's the wholemeal versions
Pre Workout - Black Coffee
Post Workout - Protein shake
Dinner looks fine, but you may get bored quickly too, add some sauces and / or mix it up with salmon, steak, steak mince, jacket potatoes

If you can have one light snack before bed look at cottage cheese or peanut butter on oatcakes.

Hope this helps.
BarnshaW

17th Jan 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

breakfast - scrambled eggs on wholemal toast or just egg whites if you are fussy, orange juice and a shake if you want.

mid morning, portion of fruit and a handful of nuts

Lunch - tuna sandwich or chicken breast and sweet potato, or a salar of some sort, low fat yoghurt.

mid afternoon - piece of fruit

dinner, tuna steak, turkey steak, fish portion, chuicken breast and veg.

train

protein shake and or cottage cheese portion before bed.

if you really want to put on weight then you might want to consider mass gainers etc, you can get around 400 calories with one serving of them, even more with oats etc.

play around with your protein shakes, put milk in them, add peanut butter and ice and a banana and blend into an ice smoothie.

dont sound like to me your eating anyway near enough to put on some decent weight.

[Edited on 17-01-2013 by BarnshaW]
Neo

17th Jan 13 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Many thanks guys, quite a lot I can take on board and use.

One of the main things that annoys me is I can't eat seafood/fish and other guys in the office shovel down tins of tuna.

You're right Barnshaw, I know I don't eat anywhere near enough, however as said it's finding the time. I don't have time to prepare tubs of food to take to work, nor would I realistically eat them. Things like fruit, nuts, cottage cheese etc I can certainly do.

Can you recommend any of the mass gainers ?

Or realistically am I better off staying on MP Whey and upping natural intake ? Or even a bit of both ?

[Edited on 17-01-2013 by Neo]
Russ

17th Jan 13 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bbwh do a mass gainer thats 1100kcals but youre talking 277g per serving for that, so a 5kg £35 tub only makes 18 shakes. Not cheap getting fat

http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/bodybuilding-warehouse-performance-mass-5kg
Neo

17th Jan 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see...

Would somthing like this be a happy medium ?
http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/bodybuilding-warehouse-all-in-one-performance-complete-5kg
sc0ott

17th Jan 13 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been using this for a good couple of years

http://www.sshealthfoods.com/pages.php?page=lt.weight&details=0356

That and cytosports stuff are probably the two most popular gainers on the body building forums in terms of its brilliant taste, amount per serving etc.

Gainers like mammoth offer shit loads of calories etc but will taste like anus.
Russ

17th Jan 13 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Body building warehouse products use the same flavoring techniques as ice cream manafacturers
sc0ott

17th Jan 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but the amount of carbs, calories and protein isnt that good for a weight gainer. He would think it works after a month or so but that may just be water retention from the creatine they put in it, which will be pissed back out.
noshua

17th Jan 13 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some oat flour (it's blended oats, proper fine, couldn't blend them that fine at home), whack 100g in your shake.

400 cals
8g fat (1g sat)
70g carbs
8.5g protein

Easier than eating 100g oats and you can hardly tell they're in if you add 100-200ml more water than normal.

Keeping an eye on here for more meal ideas!
Tiger

25th Jan 13 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front load your calories too, i.e. eat the majority of your daily calories before 1pm if poss. This stops you taking carbs and calories to bed.
Carl

25th Jan 13 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on serious mass and its really helped me get more in. I just have half a serving most days but thats still 600kcal boost, unless I do a 10k run etc then I tend to have a pre and post half.
Tiger

25th Jan 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on about 2500-3000 calories, 140-170g of protein a day, 60-70g of fat and 200-300g carbs and I train every other day, 25g of impact whey twice a day with semi skimmed milk when I'm not training and 3 times when I am. Plus 10g of creatine a day.

[Edited on 25-01-2013 by Tiger]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Supplements/Food Plans 24 database queries in 0.0145121 seconds