corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lambda sensor question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lambda sensor question
john_redtop

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 13 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right guys my mate recently bought a corsa 20xe but when the previous owner done the conversion for some reason he fitted the engine (early type non lambda) with a later loom and ecu witch has the plug on for a lambda the car does some time run a bit lumpy and spluttery then other times it can run spot on. What my question is would it be fine to fit a lambda sensor even though its a early engine? We plan to drill the manifold get a nut that fits the lambda and weld the nut to the manifold

Cheers
andy_mk3

22nd Jan 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it'll be fine. The engine itself will be virtually identical anyway, it's just a different management system.
john_redtop

22nd Jan 13 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate cheers I thought it would be just wanted to check
Ohh and once fitted will this sort the lumpyness and splitter out do you think

[Edited on 22-01-2013 by john_redtop]
john_redtop

22nd Jan 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would anyone recommend doing the earth on pin 20 to bypass the lambda or just fit one instead although earthing it would be a lot less of a mess on
Mattb

22nd Jan 13 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id fit a lambda to be honest if its on later managment. it will run better and probably be better on fuel.
john_redtop

22nd Jan 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate yeah were just gonna fit one do it propley
Jed D

22nd Jan 13 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drilling and welding a nut on for the lambda to screw into could possibly give it an incorrect reading causing it to run rich or lean depending on how the lambda sits... surely you could pick up a lambda type manifold cheap enough mate?
Chris
Premium Member

22nd Jan 13 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the wiring is in for lamda ECU will want the reading, will save on fuel as it will be running rich, is the tail pipe black?

You could also send a fool voltage(0v - 5v) to ecu to give the correct value for lamda 1.

You also need to send the Pre cat temp
ianofbhills

22nd Jan 13 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an easy option would be to swap the ecu for an early none lambda one but still use the exisitng loom and earth pin 20 like you have said.
earthing pin 20 wont work on a lambda ecu.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

22nd Jan 13 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
an easy option would be to swap the ecu for an early none lambda one but still use the exisitng loom and earth pin 20 like you have said.
earthing pin 20 wont work on a lambda ecu.

Earthing pin 20 works on all dizzy ecus IIRC. Done it on mine on two different ECU's

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

22nd Jan 13 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get the AFM adjusted well enough then you should be fine. There was some photos in my project thread how to adjust the AFM if you get stuck

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
john_redtop

23rd Jan 13 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lambda sensor has been bought now as for the drilling gonna see were exacly they sit but would it really make a difference if it was a couple of mm from its normal place? As for the earthing of pin 20 im just going off what i have read here early type ecu non lambda is already earthed and later types isnt same type ecu was used on both so i have read but maybe wrong
Cheers for replys lads
monkeytwizzel

23rd Jan 13 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would fit the lambda,i have a half a lambda boss i you want it?the one i bought was too long so i only needed half.

New Poll