corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » following on from...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author following on from...
Jambo

User status: Offline
29th Jan 13 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Nope but I agree with depression being a load of shit.

Oh I love people like you.

I had/have clinical depression and have had for about 2years. Fucking horrible. Id give anything to have my old self back. I have worked throughout this, and will continue to work. I do not take handouts or anything and I think the most time it affected me was 2 days off work.

People are always quick to dismiss mental health issues, and largely it is the people who know nothing about it who do.

Jambo

29th Jan 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also there are varying levels of it, some people genuinely arent well enough to work. They would require car I would have thought though, like admission to a day care clinic like my boss who went off the rails.

However, I think you will find someone living off the state and claiming depression might just be a theiving lazy scummer and that was the easiest excuse. In which case thats not what your issue is with
harrisp

29th Jan 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:

Oh I love people like you.

I had/have clinical depression and have had for about 2years. Fucking horrible. Id give anything to have my old self back. I have worked throughout this, and will continue to work. I do not take handouts or anything and I think the most time it affected me was 2 days off work.

People are always quick to dismiss mental health issues, and largely it is the people who know nothing about it who do.

I'm on jambos side, depression is serious, of course you get people who claim depression and will sponge every penny they can but mental health issues/depression is real.
Depression and mental health issues has destroyed my family even resulting in me becoming homeless so hardly "a load of shit" (I'm not the one with depression I'm just a miserable cunt )

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by harrisp]
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But surely your depressed because something in your life is shit. Money, job etc.,sort the issue and you won't be sad anymore?
3CorsaMeal

29th Jan 13 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any problems I feel I have I just blame it on the fact I smoke weed. So if I went to doctors about depression or other things I just assume they will say to stop smoking weed. So its easier really to accept it's the weed making me depressed and not me thats depressed. So if I keep smoking weed I will just stop one day and be normal. Winning imo
Cavey

29th Jan 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah. That's how clinical depression works. Someone is upset, they do something to help themselves, then they're fine.
3CorsaMeal

29th Jan 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really understand it tbh. Quite a bit of mental stuff all seems to be to do with the kind of family you have.
Hammer

29th Jan 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Yeah. That's how clinical depression works. Someone is upset, they do something to help themselves, then they're fine.

Do you have a degree in mental health?
taylorboosh

29th Jan 13 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think jambo couldve helped his reason himself... Although im assuming a lot about man i dont know a great deal about
neil h

29th Jan 13 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

nice to see people displaying an in depth knowledge of mental health issues ent it.

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by neil h]
Eck
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised this thread turned out like it has Not surprised at some of the narrow minded views.
baza31

29th Jan 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blame the 'system' and illuminati .
Cavey

29th Jan 13 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did I really need a to enforce my sarcasm?
Hammer

29th Jan 13 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew you were being sarcy
Shell
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:

There is little point in arguing with some of the attitudes in here, they are fuelled purely by ignorance.

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by Shell]
John

29th Jan 13 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the ratio of people with 'proper' depression to those who want a few months of work?
Ben J

29th Jan 13 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We pay sweet FA but are lucky that my inlaws look after ours.
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What other type of being sad is there?!?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jan 13 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing that used to intrigue me about stress, is that the people who suffered it usually had really bad spells lasting around 5 months and 29 days before returning to work all better and well.

Still never found the link between that and going on to half pay after 6 months, I wonder if there is one...
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shell is well gonna kick your are ian
micra_pete
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:

I had/have clinical depression and have had for about 2years. Fucking horrible. Id give anything to have my old self back.

Not often I agree with you jambon, but you are right. Horrible condition.

I'm not a depressive, but someone close to me is, it's horrific to the person and the people around them.

Clinical depression is not being a bit sad, it's a condition like anything Physical except is affects the brain.

It's massively exploited by slackers who are a but sad / lazy, but for the actual sufferers I can't think of much worse.
JonnyJ

30th Jan 13 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"being a bit sad"

just lol

And these people have a go at religious people for being easy led, ignorant fools. Mental.
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 00:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me there's three categories;

1) Bullshitters. Lazy people who don't want to work and sponge.
2) The frowny-facers. People who are a bit down on life, lacking attention, not quite going how they'd hoped, dealing with X problem(s).
3) Genuine people who are genuinely suffering and need proper help.

My problem is with 1 & 2, certainly not 3.

[Edited on 30-01-2013 by Brett]
mwg

30th Jan 13 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Thing that used to intrigue me about stress, is that the people who suffered it usually had really bad spells lasting around 5 months and 29 days before returning to work all better and well.

Still never found the link between that and going on to half pay after 6 months, I wonder if there is one...

taylorboosh

30th Jan 13 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a bit off topic imo

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » following on from... 23 database queries in 0.0160551 seconds