corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » security cameras.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author security cameras.
Ben G

User status: Offline
29th Jan 13 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having a bit of a problem with some youths hanging around down the road and outside our house. the youths in question are a bloke who lives 2 doors up and some of his loser mates.

came home tonight to be told they were hanging around the missus' car and she saw one of them walk over to a neighbours car and then walk straight back.

theres already a scratch on the rear 3/4 of the focus and we aren't sure how it got there.

so i've decided i need a camera just incase anything happens.

do i just connect it up to a computer and leave them both running? i've seen some cheap ones in maplins but i'm unsure whether they're any good.

any advice would be very much appreciated, cheers.
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 00:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bang for buck, these are awesome. Really nice and solid bits of kit imo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300781153912

[Edited on 30-01-2013 by Brett]
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For you Ben (as you're no IT Techie!) I'd get one of those all in one DVR kits (and get your Dad to fit it ). Normally get one with 2/4 cameras so you can cover a couple of angles.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/1tb-4-ch-h.264-network-dvr-with-2-x-ccd-cameras--mobile-access-517916
Ben G

30th Jan 13 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers

i take it with the one brett linked, you just connect that up to a running pc and let it record? apologies but i'm not the best at this tech stuff fitting is not an issue, dad will install it
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need software on the PC, enough hard drive space and to configure it properly... I can see you getting angry with that Ben
Ben G

30th Jan 13 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's probably quite easy as long as i follow the instructions

needs must though. wanker youths and a missus' at home at night whilst i'm working makes me nervous.
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather spend sub £50 than £200+ for the sake of just recording your motor outside.

All you need to do is make sure it's near a power socket. It's a wireless IP cam, so after it's powered and configured it'll just be at an IP address on your network.

I tried several IP camera recording software, loads are shite and don't work right, so I'll save you the effort and just recommend "i-spy", it's completely free and works a treat. You would have to leave your PC on, but once it's all configured it's self maintained. Can have it recording just after motion detection to save HDD space. You can access the camera from wherever you are in the world too, etc, very handy. I have mine emailing me screenshots when it detects motion too.

Don't worry about configuration too much, it's easy and if you need help I'm only a u2u away. Anything for my buddy Ben G.

[Edited on 30-01-2013 by Brett]

New Poll