corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help making a sub box

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help making a sub box
ajscorsa

User status: Offline
5th May 03 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna make my own box for my sub.

once you have made the box and sealed it do you fill it with something before you put in the sub or just leave it hollow
Kris TD

5th May 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speaker wadding. makes one hell of a difference
ajscorsa

5th May 03 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right am i right in saying the size of the box makes a difference. what size roughly would i want for 2 10" SUBS
Kris TD

5th May 03 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the subs should say, think its about 0.65 cubic feet for one, so im guessing double that for 2.

depends though some people prefere bigger boxs.
ajscorsa

5th May 03 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers bud.gonna design the box tonight so ill let ya know how it goes
Kris TD

5th May 03 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kule
RichR
Premium Member

5th May 03 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u have the instruction manual for the sub, it'll tell u the manufacturers reccommended interior cubic capacity...ie what volume is required for the inside of the box. When u work out the interior, dont forget to take the internal measurements, as opposed to the external ones...if that makes sense.
As said above it should then be a case of simply doubling the recommended amount.

Also an alternative to speaker wadding, is to use toy stuffing or dress makers wadding, costs about a £1.00 per metre sq. I used 2.5 metres inside mine and it definately makes a difference.

Finally ensure uy have a good seal between all of the joins on the box. If its a simple square design, this isnt to hard to achieve, but if ur gonna get complicated with angled sides and curves etc, use a dab of silicone sealant in the internal join
corb

5th May 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and brace the box, this makes a hell of a difference, stops box from flexing and shaking.

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/bracing/index.html
RichR
Premium Member

5th May 03 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah 4got to say that, I used 12mm mdf, if u r going to brace it remember that a brace will reduce the internal volume of the box and u'll have to make it up by making the box bigger.( but its worth doing, just make sure u do ur calcualtions correctly)

New Poll