corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland Trip

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland Trip
carl123uk

User status: Offline
13th Feb 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and the mrs are going to scotland next week as the Coventry blaze are playing Braehead clan friday, Edinburgh capitals saturday and Fife flyers sunday so were going up to watch the games.

Were pretty much sorted for friday just going to spend it in braehead shopping, however on saturday we have got a whole day in Edinburgh up until about 5pm, what do people recommend to do in Edinburgh and where to eat? also where is the cheapest place to park all day?

Sunday were staying in Dunfermline and will be travelling to Fife at some point. Is there much to do in either of them? if not were just going to go Fife's rink and grab some food and then the pub i think. then after the game i'v got a 6 hour drive back to Coventry
John

13th Feb 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Braehead isn't really the sort of place you could spend a day shopping. Infinity, Audi and Porsche garages beside it for a look though.

Dave

13th Feb 13 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easiest/cheapest way for parking in Edinburgh is use the park and ride and get the train in.
Seany

13th Feb 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunfermline is in Fife. Also the rink is around 8 miles from Dunfermline in Kirkcaldy. Knockhill is only ten minutes away from Dunfermline centre and theres the glen and plenty pubs. But Edinburgh Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy are all only twenty miles apart really so easy to skip between for stuff to do. Around the rink from what I can remember is a dump and not much to do so I'd head there last minute sort of thing.
Edinburgh parking is a joke. Easier to use the park and ride from Rosyth.
Hope that helps
Ben G

13th Feb 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you stay in character up there. they seem to have a thing for anyone who speaks from intelligent countries.
rossnomore

14th Feb 13 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
make sure you stay in character up there. they seem to have a thing for anyone who speaks from intelligent countries.

Says the man from Essex
Dom

14th Feb 13 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rossnomore
quote:

Says the man from Essex

Hammer

14th Feb 13 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stuartmitchell

14th Feb 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As has been mentioned mate, your better off getting the train in from Fife or if you do decide to drive in you could park at the Gyle shopping centre and get the bus from there. Think it's a 22 you need!

Loads of places to eat but I would recommend staying away from George St. It's expensive and the foods pish for what you pay for! Good places on Rose Street!

Edinburgh Dungeon
Edinburgh vaults
Castle
Walk up Arthurs Seat
Royal yacht Britannia

Hope that helps! Apologies in advance for the tram works.
carl123uk

14th Feb 13 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for all the advice. going to look through it all after work
Nath

14th Feb 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Says the man from Essex

Ben G

14th Feb 13 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Says the man from Essex

corsa_godfather

14th Feb 13 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Place next to braehead called XSCAPE literally a syone throw away. Has cinema.bowling.pool.mini golf.snow boarding. Tgi fridays.nandos.chiquitos.pizza hut etc
dave-SRI

14th Feb 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am from kirkcaldy and tbh there isnt much to do here.. theres a pub just round from the rink called the elbowrooms owned by my dads friend n its good for meals in there and cheap for drink to tbh...

as most people have mentioned theres loads to do in edinburgh..

funny this came up as i played ice hockey in kirkcaldy for 18 years startedwhen i was 4 so been around the rink all my life haha

flyers are away to sheffield on saturday and nottingham on sunday so there a few of us going down on the 4 supporters buses for the weekend.. should be a good laugh and plenty beers haha

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland Trip 23 database queries in 0.0154150 seconds