corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Changing (mobile) networks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Changing (mobile) networks
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Feb 13 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 3 contract is up for renewal next month, and after much deliberation I have decided to come back to the O2 fold. I'm going to keep my iPhone 4 and go for their £10.50/month SIMplicity tariff.

I know 3 are cheaper than O2, but my other half and most of my family/friends are on O2 so I would get free O2 to O2 minutes on that tariff as well as the 300 mins. And visual voicemail!

Anyway, I've just done an unlock request on the 3 website which will cost me £15.32 and be added to my next (final) bill and apparently I will be hearing back from them within a couple of days about this.

How exactly will my iPhone get unlocked, do I type in some code on it or connect it to iTunes for an update? And will all my stuff on there still be intact or is it going to wipe my phone?

And when I get my O2 SIM card and put it in, again will all my apps/emails/texts/phonebook etc. still be there or does the iPhone store anything on the SIM card?

Thanks
Whittie

15th Feb 13 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone 3 / whoever it's locked with. Asked for it to be unlocked, if they ask why say you use other sims in other countries etc.

You should be okay with the unlock you've ordered though. No all your apps / settings will remain.
fazza

15th Feb 13 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

three will notify you when its been completed and you will then need to connect to itunes.

Itunes will show a screen like the one below..

Sam
Premium Member

15th Feb 13 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys!

New Poll