corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cant find a new car, any one else finding the market a bit stale?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cant find a new car, any one else finding the market a bit stale?
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
   22nd Feb 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after a specific car tbf but it's not rare it's an Astra H SRI 1.9cdti 150 with XP pack, but cant find a decent example, missed one and I'm kicking my self for it. They all seem over priced or just not looked after.

Here's a few but few bits put me off -

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201302065212379/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/9000/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/price-from/7000/quantity-of-doors/3/model/astra/make/vauxhall/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/le80su/radius/200/page/1/keywords/sri_cdti?logcode=p

Rang up and and they didn't seem that bothered to sell it but did say they were waiting for a new alloy as the previous owner managed to crack one, seem's a lot cheaper then others to which makes me think its not been looked after

This is the other one -

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201301174960049/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/9000/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/price-from/7000/quantity-of-doors/3/model/astra/make/vauxhall/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/3/keywords/sri_cdti/radius/200/postcode/le80su?logcode=p

Been to see it and its in very good condition with a few nice extras to but is over priced to me, the one I really should of got was on a 59 plate one previous owner full vauxhall history and had 29k on the clock for £8300

Is there a general rule for when the market picks up?

[Edited on 22-02-2013 by SXI - Matt]
flybikeslee

22nd Feb 13 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this tends to happen when you're looking for a specific car, maybe broaden your search a little, may have to travel a little further etc for the right one. Just playing the long game unfortunately and something will pop up
Toby
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it depends on the car your looking for. Hot hatches for example are getting cheap because people can't afford insurance and fuel etc so demand is affecting pricing but obviously these cars are now more affordable to a different demographic and they are abused and unloved. Take the Clio 172, a great car when it was first launched, now they are all battered with a fucking stupid twin exhaust and never seen without it bouncing off the limiter driven by 19 year old

in your case, most people that bought the car your looking for are families with young kids, they like as it looks relatively sporty, has stood fuel consumption and requires little maintenance.

I would do as Lee suggests and broaden your horizons. When I got my new car, I wasn't set on an e92 but had to be an msport or edition msport.
SXI - Matt

22nd Feb 13 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah this is what I'm finding, kind of why I want one, good on fuel looks sporty and aren't that slow either. Thing is I've wanted one for a while, now I've decided to get one I can't find one, were as before I'd see them every were typical really. Think ill try and look for other cars in this category see whats about.

[Edited on 22-02-2013 by SXI - Matt]
andys sxi
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm the same, I'm trying to find a new car and theres isnt much around at the moment, If they are for sale you have got to be quick I missed one a few weeks ago, finding it quite annoying now

April 08 feature car
Whittie

22nd Feb 13 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was the car I've been looking for, for the last few weeks. Gave up and bought something different in the end.
SXI - Matt

23rd Feb 13 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
This was the car I've been looking for, for the last few weeks. Gave up and bought something different in the end.

I'm determined to mind one what did you go for in the end?
corsa_godfather

23rd Feb 13 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked astra owners network??
SXI - Matt

23rd Feb 13 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm ideally wanting to buy from a dealer for warranty purposes, that and 99% of the ones for sale are trade any way tbf.

There are a few on the forum but most have been played with, id like a standard one so can do my own stuff to it then.

[Edited on 23-02-2013 by SXI - Matt]
andys sxi
Premium Member

23rd Feb 13 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started off a year ago wanting a Astra cdti nearly bought it but then things changed I was lucky I didn't buy it really, and now it's changed so many times

April 08 feature car
SXI - Matt

23rd Feb 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky? What makes you say that? What did you end up with in the end?
andys sxi
Premium Member

23rd Feb 13 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a week off work found this car went to view it had heatedleather, sat nav etc, just needed a few things doing so made him an offer he said no so I left it with him, goes back to work and I get made redundant

Looking for an Audi a3 now

April 08 feature car
SXI - Matt

23rd Feb 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh shit that sucks mate, sorry to hear that, good thing he did say no ay.

Would love a A3 S-Line but there so expensive, they hold there value really well though.
andys sxi
Premium Member

23rd Feb 13 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said the day I got made redundant I can have it for £100 more than I offered,

That's what I'm looking for

April 08 feature car
Whittie

25th Feb 13 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

I'm determined to mind one what did you go for in the end?

3 series

I found one in Chester car supermarket, might still be there...?
andys sxi
Premium Member

25th Feb 13 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got my local paper and its not in there

April 08 feature car
mikenoncorsa

25th Feb 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's your budget?

mikenoncorsa

25th Feb 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://used.cars.networkq.co.uk/used-cars/astra/1.9%20CDTi%2016V%20150PS%20(Euro%204)/vehicle/1930416?r_num=12&ls.page=2&ls.sort=distance|asc,price|asc,series|asc,model|asc&ls.expand=models&ls.logged=false&ls.c.models=4294967245&ls.c.maxdistance=99999999&ls.c.postcode=DY10%202JL&ls.c.fuels=8082&
mikenoncorsa

25th Feb 13 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://used.cars.networkq.co.uk/used-cars/astra/1.9%20CDTi%2016V%20150PS%20(Euro%204)/vehicle/1915243?r_num=23&ls.page=3&ls.sort=distance|asc,price|asc,series|asc,model|asc&ls.expand=models&ls.logged=false&ls.c.models=4294967245&ls.c.maxdistance=99999999&ls.c.postcode=DY10%202JL&ls.c.fuels=8082&
mikenoncorsa

25th Feb 13 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://used.cars.networkq.co.uk/used-cars/astra/1.9%20CDTi%2016V%20150PS%20(Euro%204)/vehicle/1864197?r_num=14&ls.page=2&ls.sort=distance|asc,price|asc,series|asc,model|asc&ls.expand=models&ls.logged=false&ls.c.models=4294967245&ls.c.maxdistance=99999999&ls.c.postcode=DY10%202JL&ls.c.fuels=8082&
ChazSXi

25th Feb 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/audi-a3-20tdi-s-line-170-sportback-2007-57/1010353838

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cant find a new car, any one else finding the market a bit stale? 24 database queries in 0.0123451 seconds