corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Golf

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Golf
Whittie

User status: Offline
26th Feb 13 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Yeh there's a few reasons I want to start playing. A lot of the lads play during the summer so it means I can get involved. Plus you've got golfing holidays, corporate golf days, all kinds of stuff.

Out of an office of say 20, there's usually 2-4 who play golf, which means you get to go to every corporate day

Have you got some handy mates who could show you the way / go for a round with? Or want to practice alone a bit first
James

26th Feb 13 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to practise on my own a bit first.

My cousin had the chance to turn pro but decided against it because he didn't think he was good enough to make enough money to make it worth it. So he is a very good golfer!
Ben J

26th Feb 13 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't played a course for year. Used to play a local municipal.
Whittie

26th Feb 13 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I want to practise on my own a bit first.

My cousin had the chance to turn pro but decided against it because he didn't think he was good enough to make enough money to make it worth it. So he is a very good golfer!

Get playing with him! My brother is a pro and i've been helped out a number of times by him.
Tommy L

26th Feb 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found playing with a pro helpful. Always giving me little pointers which I'd never get playing with amateurs. Quite handy when you're mates with a pro Don't feel embarrassed to play with someone if you're not very good to begin with, we've all been there.

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Literally love golf, however hate the cold or wet weather. Golfing holidays are perfect

Exactly the same Love playing in a pair of shorts! Going tenerife in May for a spot of golf
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always play better if I have to dress properly for it
liamC

26th Feb 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been hacking my way around for a year or 2 and about 6 months ago I decided to start taking it more seriously and making a conscious effort to get better.

I've been taking lessons lately and now I've just joined my local golf club to play as much as possible. The key to getting better is simply to practice and play as much as possible. It's the only way to get any consistency and see progress. If you only play once a week or every fortnight will not see any progress.

From my point of view I'd say 70% of your game is short game and in my opinion, you should focus on getting to hit your irons first and get used to putting. Leave any woods/hybrids/drivers at home and just use irons for the time being.

If you're an iPhone/Android user then I'd recommend getting an App called Golfshot (www.golfshot.com). It's a fantastic statistical/GPS/Swing Tracking app that records all your statistics so you can see where you're going good/bad etc. It's 20 quid, but well worth the price.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Golf 24 database queries in 0.0082831 seconds