corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone been to the Koenigsegg factory in Sweden?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone been to the Koenigsegg factory in Sweden?
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
25th Feb 13 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As per the title really, just wondering if anyone here had done the tour and what they thought of it? I'm going to Copenhagen for a 4 day break in March so thinking about getting a helicopter over to the Koenigsegg factory for the afternoon (only a 25 minute flight) and have a look around
RichR
Premium Member

25th Feb 13 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't remember if he's been but in sure ed has some connection to them
3CorsaMeal

25th Feb 13 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, am always taking the private jet over there to get my tyres filled up with Koenigsegg air as i started to find the ferrari air a bit too squishy.
Balling
Premium Member

25th Feb 13 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where in Copenhagen do you take a helicopter to Ängelholm?

If you need advice on good places to eat or drink let me know!

ed

25th Feb 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I can't remember if he's been but in sure ed has some connection to them

Not quite - a friend used to work for GE Composites who build/built doors an things for them.
drunkenfool

26th Feb 13 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Where in Copenhagen do you take a helicopter to Ängelholm?

If you need advice on good places to eat or drink let me know!

This is the helicopter company - http://www.danishfly.dk/ They've also agreed to knock €250 off the price if I can get Koenigsegg to park a car next to the helicopter for a photo shoot for their facebook page, result! Koenigsegg replied to my email this morning though saying that the weekend is the same as the Geneva Motor Show and that I need to ask someone in sales for assistance, not sure if that means that I just emailed the wrong department or if they can't do factory tours that weekend :-( Advice on places to eat and drink would be amazing though, we are staying at the Bella Sky Comwell hotel I think
stan_the_man

26th Feb 13 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talking of Koenigsegg, have any of you seen the video of the guy from Koenigsegg who's pioneering a new cylinder head that does away with camshafts? Each valve has its own individual actuator making it far more efficient and also powerful. I'll try find a link. The mans a genius.
stan_the_man

26th Feb 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/Bch5B23_pu0
Robin
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole 'inside Koenigsegg' series is excellent, well worth an hour!
Balling
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
Advice on places to eat and drink would be amazing though, we are staying at the Bella Sky Comwell hotel I think
You'll find that a lot of locals will view the area your hotel is in, Amager, much like New Yorkers view New Jersey.

Drinks:
http://rby.dk/ - One of the best cocktail bars in the world. Great atmosphere.
http://lidkoeb.dk/ - Also cocktails, but more laid back than Ruby. Better if you prefer a beer.
http://www.brassmonkey.dk/ - Tiki drinks galore. You use huge straws and a lot of the drinks are on fire.

Food:
http://restaurant-relae.dk/en - Probably the most casual restaurant in the world with a Michelin Star. Well worth a visit.
http://www.bistrobooking.dk/madklubben/ - Gourmet food at low prices. The service is great, but toned down. Don't expect the waiter to spend a lot of time at your table, as that's part of the concept to keep prices down.
http://www.halifax.nu/ - Best burger in Copenhagen, possibly in the whole of Denmark.

I could pretty much go on, as you'll find fantastic food at almost every corner of the city. Don't be afraid to try small diners and cafés. The standard of dining in Copenhagen is beyond any other city I've visited, excluding perhaps New York.

Any other questions just ask.

SVM 286

26th Feb 13 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man
Talking of Koenigsegg, have any of you seen the video of the guy from Koenigsegg who's pioneering a new cylinder head that does away with camshafts? Each valve has its own individual actuator making it far more efficient and also powerful.

Have they not just nicked/borrowed this from Formula 1, or is it a different system/concept?
SVM 286

26th Feb 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://youtu.be/Bch5B23_pu0

Fascinating viewing and it would appear to use the same principle. About time too.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie

26th Feb 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Staff cars aren't as good as I expected

3CorsaMeal

26th Feb 13 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They really need some sort of personal plate so that other drivers know they work for Koenigsegg, otherwise people will just think they are mere normals
gazza808

26th Feb 13 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Talking of Koenigsegg, have any of you seen the video of the guy from Koenigsegg who's pioneering a new cylinder head that does away with camshafts? Each valve has its own individual actuator making it far more efficient and also powerful. I'll try find a link. The mans a genius.

as said what f1 and im pretty sure gp bikes use.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought we'd finally got YouTube embedded when i opened this
A2H GO

26th Feb 13 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Thought we'd finally got YouTube embedded when i opened this

Same I was like

Swiftly followed by
Whittie

26th Feb 13 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry guys
ed

26th Feb 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
quote:

Fiat have been doing it for a while too.
drunkenfool

16th Mar 13 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We went for dinner in relae last night and had the 7 course tasting menu with wines, amazing food but very expensive for what it was (I think I was about £175 each) but we've managed to get a cancellation at Noma for lunch today so I'm really looking forward to that! Will try out that cocktail bar tonight and we are thinking about doing the Sweden bus tour tomorrow daytime :-)
Robin
Premium Member

16th Mar 13 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
quote:

Fiat have been doing it for a while too.

F1 use a pneumatic 'spring' but the valves are cam actuated.
Balling
Premium Member

16th Mar 13 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
We went for dinner in relae last night and had the 7 course tasting menu with wines, amazing food but very expensive for what it was (I think I was about £175 each) but we've managed to get a cancellation at Noma for lunch today so I'm really looking forward to that! Will try out that cocktail bar tonight and we are thinking about doing the Sweden bus tour tomorrow daytime :-)
You thought Relæ was expensive but are going to Noma for lunch?

If you go to Ruby and want something unusual, try the New York Flip.
If you head for Lidkøb, be sure to try their cocktail snacks.

drunkenfool

16th Mar 13 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought relae was expensive for what it was, but the food in Noma was AMAZING and worth every penny - 24 courses, coffee, sommilier's wine selection with every main and a tour of the kitchens afterwards. Still, not sure if I could justify £325 per person for every meal I have! Lol. sitting in Ruby now having a couple of cocktails, thanks for your recommendations!! :-)
drunkenfool

16th Mar 13 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two New York Flips :-)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone been to the Koenigsegg factory in Sweden? 24 database queries in 0.0228469 seconds