corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ARP bolts over normal?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ARP bolts over normal?
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Feb 13 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what would be the advantages of using ARP bolts instead of normal bolts from vauxhall?
gav93

25th Feb 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are toughned,much stronger than standard bolts weather its rod bolts or head bolts etc.., rated by many engine builders and well suited for race applicatons and quicker engines etc.. but perfectly fine for reassurance on standard engines as well.

sometimes cheaper or a couple of quid more than gen vaux bolts if you shop around i know what i would choose
davegreen
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 06:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gav93
they are toughned,much stronger than standard bolts weather its rod bolts or head bolts etc.., rated by many engine builders and well suited for race applicatons and quicker engines etc.. but perfectly fine for reassurance on standard engines as well.

sometimes cheaper or a couple of quid more than gen vaux bolts if you shop around i know what i would choose

if you know the length and thread pitch you can order arp bolts to size and not as a kit for your engine and get them cheeper. vauxhall parts should give you this info.

usually only used on high reving engines (anything over standard) and higher levels of tune, but for piece of mind i'd go for arp bolts.
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be running anything special, just thought it might be worth doing seeing as everyone else seems to
beany113

26th Feb 13 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i think there around £70 so its not exactly an expensive thing to do pal! as said there just much tougher,

New Poll