corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike Day: Commuting

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day: Commuting
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
14th Mar 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mehh lol good comeback
Andrew

14th Mar 13 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 308 is now just a daily as originally planned. I spend less than £150 a month on fuel these days which makes me happy
Daimo B

15th Mar 13 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
What are the best motorbikes for commuting on in terms of comfort and fuel economy?

Kawasaki ER6
Gladius/SV650
Bandit, 1250cc (I had a 650cc, its ok, but high revving at motorway speeds and 1250 is much more torquey) Cheap to insure.
Fazer is a good bike too!
Suzuki Vstorm, goes on forever.
VFR800, great bikes.
Few BMW's (K1200 etc).

tbh, older GSXR's and CBR's of 2000-2004 era are good commuter bikes and pretty good on fuel too. No worse than aboves but weekend toys too. It depends what you really want from a bike and your budget.

RS125 is 14bhp, the learner legal limit. Only to be a learner on.

I commuted for 8 years on a bike, 30 miles each way into central london from the countryside. Early morning in winters can be harsh without good clothing and kit. Heated grips are a must. I had a winter gear set and summer gear set. It was ok and suited my needs, but getting older as I am, I wouldn't do it anymore. Ridden in snow quite a few times too, that was fun Things you really want for winter (double bubble etc) and bear in mind that something like a Speed Triple or other naked has no front protection, and in the dark in winter, that cold air hits you hard.

Trumpet 675 is awful for commuting, small stearing lock, not great on fuel, and arse up head down seating position. Used to see everything commuting, so its what you'd really be prepared to sacrifice on and what you really want from it.
Welsh Dan

15th Mar 13 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to use my Daytona 650 for commuting. Although its a bit different to the 675, its dreadful for commuting on as its uncomfortable. Not cheap on fuel (for a bike) and not as reliable as i'd like. The 675s aren't going to be any better.

I had an SV650S before hand, which was far better for commuting and cheaper to run.

[Edited on 15-03-2013 by Welsh Dan]
dannymccann

15th Mar 13 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get as best big a cc you can so it sits at lower revs, my 600gsxf sits at 6k at 70, with the baffle out of the exhaust its pretty noisy
taylorboosh

15th Mar 13 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo not many rs125s are learner legal nowadays
jr

15th Mar 13 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

honda deauville or pan European, something reasonable cc, shaft driven so much less consumables and main maintenence etc, and more importantly riding position which isn't putting a lot of stresses through wrists etc
pow
Premium Member

16th Mar 13 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My ex's Dad has a ER500 that he commutes into London every day on, loves it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike Day: Commuting 23 database queries in 0.0122919 seconds