corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa rear beam converstion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa rear beam converstion
vauxhallMADlee

User status: Offline
16th Mar 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a look at a corsa c rear beam earlier and they look the same as the b? Does anyone no if tney are? If they are couldn't I just fit the corsa c sri rear beam as they are disc arnt they instead of buying converstion kit?
davegreen
Premium Member

16th Mar 13 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if they are a dirrect swap but the four stud rear discs would bolt straight on to a b rear axle beam.
vauxhallMADlee

16th Mar 13 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i get you so the rear hubs could just be unbolted and bolted the b rear beam? then its just sorting brake pipes etc i take it the threads for the carrier are on the hub arnt they?
davegreen
Premium Member

16th Mar 13 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think they are just bolted on with the hub?
Aidan-Fleming

16th Mar 13 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol need to weld the plate onto a B axle
vauxhallMADlee

16th Mar 13 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aidan-Fleming
Lol need to weld the plate onto a B axle

so the corsa c hub wont fit?
Joey 1.6 sport

17th Mar 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No welding needed if you fitting Corsa c discs on a Corsa b axle I've done the conversion you just need to make brake pipes and weld brackets on beem for handbrake
vauxhallMADlee

17th Mar 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joey 1.6 sport
No welding needed if you fitting Corsa c discs on a Corsa b axle I've done the conversion you just need to make brake pipes and weld brackets on beem for handbrake

i thought it would work! cheers matey!
csifku

18th Mar 13 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vauxhallMADlee
quote:
Originally posted by Joey 1.6 sport

i thought it would work! cheers matey!

Tigra B rear hubs and discs fit straight to corsa B too .. It would be the easier way to find them than looking for corsa c 1.8 sri discs ... , Or if u want to have choise and easy way to swap between 4 or 5 stud ones wheels u can weld in plates, use a hubs of astra mk3 , mk4 or calibra or cavalier and u can use also astra mk5 discs and hubs for 4 or 5 stud fitment have a look in my project thread )000
vauxhallMADlee

19th Mar 13 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tigra B rear hubs and discs fit straight to corsa B too .. It would be the easier way to find them than looking for corsa c 1.8 sri discs ... , Or if u want to have choise and easy way to swap between 4 or 5 stud ones wheels u can weld in plates, use a hubs of astra mk3 , mk4 or calibra or cavalier and u can use also astra mk5 discs and hubs for 4 or 5 stud fitment have a look in my project thread )000

Ooo! Great stuff, shud be easier for me to find tigra I think, thanks for that matey
csifku

19th Mar 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ooo! Great stuff, shud be easier for me to find tigra I think, thanks for that matey

no problems Maybe u can find tigra ones cheaper than corsa c ones , not sure
vauxhallMADlee

20th Mar 13 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csifku
quote:

no problems Maybe u can find tigra ones cheaper than corsa c ones , not sure

What tigra did you find had rear discs mate as I'm having trouble finding one with rear disc? Mark 1 tigra isn't it? What cc or model am I looking for? What year?
csifku

21st Mar 13 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt, i use a astra mk3 rear hubs but Tigra B deff FITS straight on corsa b !

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Black-Diamond-Rear-Brake-Discs-Tigra-B.html

Also what tigra to look for ? Offcourse bigger engine as 1.8 ... )) they got it, tigra b 1.8 16v

[Edited on 21-03-2013 by csifku]
vauxhallMADlee

21st Mar 13 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooooo I was finkin of tigra a shape lol and that's new to me about the newer tigra but great stuff mate ill have a look about
Rich Tea

2nd Jan 14 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all I've just done a corsa c axle onto a corsa b swap but the bushes are too big for the brackets. I've taken it for a test drive and the back end is all over the place. As though its floating. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be great. Thanks
dewismotorsport

3rd Jan 14 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which axle was used? The 1.8 doesn't fit without alterations to the big bush mounts and damper mounts.

If your wanting just the discs then use the 1.8 stuff but not the complete axle, they unbolt straight off a Corsa c and onto a Corsa B however you will need to mount some new handbrake cable guides to the Corsa b beam

New Poll