corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick eBay and Paypal question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick eBay and Paypal question
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
21st Mar 13 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rite sold my iphone on ebay a few days ago; the Paypal tranaction then went under review so funds werent cleared. Then get an email and eBay message telling me to post the phone straight away as they need it... He has also left me positive feedback straight away!!

I say no as payment has not cleared. Then lastnight get a message from the guy telling me to call PayPal as he has and I need to also to confirm the transaction; which I replied with I cant tomorrow as busy with work; the email states from paypal that it would be resolved within 24hrs. Then about 10pm lastnight i get an email from paypal saying payment processed and ok to send... Didnt do anything then as was going to bed; I wake up to one message from the guy at 12am telling me to call paypal; another at 1:30am saying the same and asking why I hadnt replied and then another one at 6am saying Wahoo the payment is now cleared I must post today next day delivery as he had payed £8 postage!!

Something doesnt feel rite to me and we are talking £400 so a lot to loose; im not happy sending the phone as I can just see if bitting me in the arse!! So just tempted to issue a refund and cancel the transaction..,.

Does this seem the rite thing to do or should I just send the phone.

[Edited on 21-03-2013 by NovaGTE2]
DaveyLC

21st Mar 13 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are SOOOOOO many people doing scams on mobiles via eBay I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to pull a fast one.
taylorboosh

21st Mar 13 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or maybe he thinks your pulling a fast one...
Steve
Premium Member

21st Mar 13 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never had a payment go under review, and iv done 100's of paypal transactions.

Id ring paypal and ask what it means
NovaGTE2

21st Mar 13 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I have never had a payment go under review, and iv done 100's of paypal transactions.

Id ring paypal and ask what it means

Thats my thought; that followed by the pushyness to get the phone out just rings to many alarm bells
AndyKent

21st Mar 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair and assuming he's genuine, he's sent you £400 and you haven't sent it yet.

I'd be pushy as well in the circumstances.
DanCobb

21st Mar 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
To be fair and assuming he's genuine, he's sent you £400 and you haven't sent it yet.

I'd be pushy as well in the circumstances.

This
NovaGTE2

21st Mar 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But he had been pushy from the moment he hit the buy it now with the payment pending; it was clear that I havent got the money and there was a problem with his account.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

21st Mar 13 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

refund and cancel IMO, reeks of a scam, its probably a stolen card/account or something. my sister had her iphone nicked not long ago, and whoever had nicked it started buying stuff on ebay as it was still logged in, so you never know even if the person has good feedback
Blade_sri

21st Mar 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay has become shit
Pisses me off when someone buys something then try's to scam you!

Sorry to hack jack thread but how do you change your card details on PayPal
Welsh Dan

21st Mar 13 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you actually logged into your Paypal account, or are you relying on emails that claim to be from Paypal?
NovaGTE2

21st Mar 13 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I have logged in; and due to the doubt and no hurry to sell the phone I have re-turned the money and cancelled the transaction. Def not selling another phone on eBay!
shaned12345

22nd Mar 13 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you a new seller? Ebay do this sometimes and release the funds as soon as feedback is left, or if not 21 days after the sale.
If it shows as paid in my ebay then you need to post it.
shaned12345

22nd Mar 13 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually just re-read your post. Paypal would never e-mail and say its ok to post something, that's what the scammers do. Ignore my post, was a blatant scam.
whitter45

22nd Mar 13 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

payment can go pending if your ebay email address and ebay email address are different

Easiest way is to log into your paypal account and look if the money is there

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick eBay and Paypal question 23 database queries in 0.0142610 seconds