corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » [Film Day] The Wolverine (2013)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [Film Day] The Wolverine (2013)
Bart

User status: Offline
   27th Mar 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/z-Yu9uwHLVI

Whittie

28th Mar 13 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome; however this looks terrible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z-Yu9uwHLVI#t=95s
Budgie

28th Mar 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'd be good if Matt Vaughn did it, however I'm expecting another 'origins'
Balling
Premium Member

28th Mar 13 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't figure when this is supposed to take place in the current continuity?

Origins didn't fit with the first three films at all.
First Class didn't fit entirely, but Days of Future Past will supposedly explain how First Class fits.

As there's flashbacks of Jean Grey, I'm guessing Wolverine takes place after X3!?

Either way, it looks to be a slightly new direction for an X-Men film, which I think is a good call.

Budgie

28th Mar 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
I can't figure when this is supposed to take place in the current continuity?

Origins didn't fit with the first three films at all.
First Class didn't fit entirely, but Days of Future Past will supposedly explain how First Class fits.

As there's flashbacks of Jean Grey, I'm guessing Wolverine takes place after X3!?

Either way, it looks to be a slightly new direction for an X-Men film, which I think is a good call.

in the comics logan went to japan after department h did butt stuff to him and before any x-men stuff.
Balling
Premium Member

28th Mar 13 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So after Origins, in other words.

That wouldn't work with Jean being in Wolverine, flashbacks or otherwise.

Budgie

28th Mar 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should take your problems to Hollywood.
Bart

28th Mar 13 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

"It’s set after 'X-Men 3', but I wouldn’t call it a sequel to 'X-Men 3'," says Mangold. "...Because of some of the themes in the Claremont/Miller saga. I felt it was really important to find Logan at a moment where he was stripped clean of his duties to the X-Men, his other allegiances, and even stripped clean of his own sense of purpose. I was fascinated with the idea of portraying Logan as a ronin – the definition of which is a samurai without a master, without a purpose. Kind of a soldier who is cut loose. War is over. What does he do? What does he face? What does he believe anymore? Who are his friends? What is his reason for being here anymore? I think those questions are especially interesting when you’re dealing with a character who is essentially immortal."

Mangold goes on to explain that, while story beats are borrowed from Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's Japan-set miniseries (specifically noting that Yukio, Viper, Mariko and Shingen will all appear), the overall project is something all its own that he likens to The Outlaw Josey Wales.

"What I wrote on the back of the script when I first read it was 'Everyone I love will die,'" Mangold continues. "The story I’ve been telling, he enters it believing that. Therefore he’s living in a kind of isolation. He gets drawn to Japan by an old friendship and then finds himself in a labyrinth of deceit, caught up in the agendas of mobsters, of wealth, and other powers we come to understand... You find Logan and his love is gone, his mentors are gone, many of his friends are gone, his own sense of purpose – what am I doing, why do I bother – and his exhaustion is high. He has lived a long time, and he’s tired. He’s tired of the pain."

Marc

30th Mar 13 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
So after Origins, in other words.

That wouldn't work with Jean being in Wolverine, flashbacks or otherwise.

Why wouldn't flashbacks work?

Logan went to Japan in the comics in the mid 90's, he had a samurai sword and was looking after a girl. There was also a robot version of himself with another girl and a third member after him.
Balling
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Why wouldn't flashbacks work?
Flashback to when? If the film was set after Origins, Logan wouldn't have met Jean yet. Hence she couldn't be in flashbacks.

As per Bart's post it doesn't matter, though, as it comes after X3.

Marc

8th Apr 13 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to James Mangold, this film is a sequel to X-Men: The Last Stand ("Jean Grey is gone and most of the X-Men are disbanded, so there's a tremendous sense of isolation for Wolverine") but with extended flashbacks.

Famke Janssen filmed her Jean Gray cameo in three days. Hugh Jackman said, "There's no doubt that the most important relationship in his life is - we've seen through the movies - is his relationship with Jean Grey. Yes, we saw her die at the end of X-Men: The Last Stand, but in this movie, she has a presence which I think is vital to the movie, particularly for him confronting the most difficult thing within himself."

Balling
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New trailer out:
http://youtu.be/8yIXyvbdc_k

Shows a bit more of the story. This could be pretty good.

hodson_21

23rd May 13 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks pretty decent tbh !

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » [Film Day] The Wolverine (2013) 24 database queries in 0.0129108 seconds