corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Broken sofa... best option to get it sorted under a warranty?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broken sofa... best option to get it sorted under a warranty?
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Mar 13 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a new sofa around a year ago.

Pay on finance, over two years, so still have around a year to go, if not more.

Missus sat on it earlier and two of the springs inside have just snapped and fell off the front section of wood, so now it has no support.

Ive just removed a few staples off the bottom to see if I could hook them back in and restaple it. I can easily put it back to original if that's likely to now cause me an issue cause ive removed it.

Whats my best option for getting it repaired? I didn't take the extended warranty shit they try sell, as I didn't expect it to literally fall apart.

I know if I call them (scs) they are gonna say sorry we don't cover that etc. what would you do in this case?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Twiggy

30th Mar 13 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dfs sofa had a 2 year warranty on fibe filling and 10 on the rest....
Gaz

30th Mar 13 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

call them, the worst they can say is no.
Ben G

30th Mar 13 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they'll more than likely get someone out to have a look and hopefully repair it. i had loads of problems with mine (dfs) and in the end they gave me the money back as credit to buy another suite.

deano87

30th Mar 13 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Mrs had serious problems with a sofa from SCS. They were reluctant to come out, repair etc not good news.

I suppose the only good thing is you have the confidence to repair yourself.
andys sxi
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone scs and tell them what's happened, If there not intrested ask then if you can have the contacts details of who made and get in touch with them, it should last longer than a year

April 08 feature car
Dan
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill call them Tuesday then.

Is it going to matter that ive opened it underneath? only literally pulled the staples out to gain access.

I will use the fact it happened late Friday evening, and they are shut till Tuesday, so I wanted to try hook them back in so we had a sofa to use.

Cavey

30th Mar 13 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our DFS sofa got fixed a couple of days later when one of the missus' idiot mates broke the side of it. In fairness they were very good.

Would imagine you should be fine getting it done free
Cavey

30th Mar 13 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just put the staples back in and say it was always like that tbh
fred7

30th Mar 13 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have been thru the same thing over the last 6 months. Our sofa fell apart just under 2 years and we had the guardsman. Its was from SCS aswell phoned and complained for weeks because it was £1300 and was fucked. In the end they gave us £1200 credit in store so got a brand new sofa because our couldnt be repaired. They delivered the new 1 day before xmas eve in wrong colour so complained again and had our new sofa in the correct colour delivered on wednesday last week. Make sure you keep complaining and the try and speak to managers if you can.
fred7

30th Mar 13 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Average sofa life is 5 years we was told and if you are still paying for it think you are covered under that aswell scs told us but we had paid cash so couldnt help us but just seen you are still paying
Ben G

30th Mar 13 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah yes, definitely speak to the store manager and threaten going to head office and trading standards.

originally, we only dealt with the dickhead receptionists who arranged service visits to fix the problems. when we went over their heads, they started to get arsey because it made them look like they couldn't do their job properly.
Andrew

30th Mar 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was advised when purchasing mine to take out the extra warranty as buying on finance and still paying for something that is fucked does not mean it is still under any kind of warranty.

My dick head mate jumping up and down in his jeans when passed marked the leather on mine. Phoned up Harvey's who gave me the insurance number. They came out and repaired 3 years later.

I will be purchasing a dinning table soon from Harvey's and taking out the extra insurance because I was happy with what they did.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 01:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell you misses not to be a fat cunt
fred7

31st Mar 13 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andrew 3 years to repair and happy with that??

Edit: i get what u mean sorry

[Edited on 31-03-2013 by fred7]
Dan
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

Says he who still cant do more than a week of insanity!

Carl

31st Mar 13 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is out of warrenty id argue that it isnt fit for purpose, it is more than fair to expect a sofa to last longer than that!
Gary
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:

Says he who still cant do more than a week of insanity!

you ever done more than a week?
Dan
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea. I did about 40 days cunt lips.

As for the sofa. I had the wrong one delivered on 29/3 and this one was a good Month later.

So it's still under warranty. Ill call them and see what happens

fred7

31st Mar 13 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It must be a scam they do about spending the wrong colour mine was wrong and uncles and now hear about yours
Dan
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably send the common size out and make the deliver by date, then send yours out once its actually ready.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Broken sofa... best option to get it sorted under a warranty? 24 database queries in 0.0150001 seconds