corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hi, corsa gearlinkage c20xe issue + more

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hi, corsa gearlinkage c20xe issue + more
iby

User status: Offline
30th Mar 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished my xe engine yesterdy and started first time!
I'm soo happy that its done lol! Did it myself haha!

Anyway, so i've trued to adjust the linkage and there is no pin on the gearbox to press in however we managed to adjust it and slots in all gears fine but on this f16 i find that with gear 1 and 3, 2 and 4, they seem very close and usually when you get in a car you can throw neutral about from left to right but on this you cant really do it. Going into 5th seems normal in terms of length and being spaces apart.

Its had the linkage spaced 10mm and the rod is 1 piece but not sure if its extended but it might be already long and just had the rose jointed ends.

Can anyone advise if its ok?
iby

30th Mar 13 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?

also:

Replaced xe sump that had a crack on and put new one on, tightening them and cracked again!

Need a new sump and 8V 2.0 baffle plate. Both either new or good cond.
vauxhallMADlee

30th Mar 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iby
Finished my xe engine yesterdy and started first time!
I'm soo happy that its done lol! Did it myself haha!

Anyway, so i've trued to adjust the linkage and there is no pin on the gearbox to press in however we managed to adjust it and slots in all gears fine but on this f16 i find that with gear 1 and 3, 2 and 4, they seem very close and usually when you get in a car you can throw neutral about from left to right but on this you cant really do it. Going into 5th seems normal in terms of length and being spaces apart.

Its had the linkage spaced 10mm and the rod is 1 piece but not sure if its extended but it might be already long and just had the rose jointed ends.

Can anyone advise if its ok?

which part of the linkage have you had spaced? can you put a pic up? iv seen some people space it in different places
Generation

30th Mar 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's not a pin to push in, you need to put a drill bit into a hole
iby

31st Mar 13 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The space has been done where the "U" bend is on the linkage. And re the drill bit, just tried thr an wouldnt go in, it stops as there was like a rubber stopper around it so i removed the runber and it went in!

I'll do the linkage again and let you guys know. Thanks.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try a standard Corsa linkage and get rid of the spacer.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
vauxhallMADlee

31st Mar 13 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iby
The space has been done where the "U" bend is on the linkage. And re the drill bit, just tried thr an wouldnt go in, it stops as there was like a rubber stopper around it so i removed the runber and it went in!

I'll do the linkage again and let you guys know. Thanks.

dont extend it on the u bend, extend the straight mount that has the rubber bush in (the one that connects to gearbox) extend that by 15mm itsb a much better fit that way and works like standard, i would ge another u part of the linkage now before doing it
Jed D

31st Mar 13 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also extended mine on the 'U' bend by about 10-15mm... fitted LMF bushes...

still a bit iffy mainly 2nd to 3rd, been debating if its worth getting the metal rod bit for along the top to replace the plastic/nylon one
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take out the rubber plug and you should be able to move it very slightly and then the 4mm drill bit will slot properly in to place.

Then try again

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
monkeytwizzel

31st Mar 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn`t you extend both u section and bar if you need to fit the spacer?From what i`ve seen when you fit the engine in you only space it if you need to as some don`t,so trial and error.

New Poll