corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » does anyone put kits on their corsa's anymore?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author does anyone put kits on their corsa's anymore?
curtisfd3s

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 13 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was just looking around the site and looks like its all small wheels and gsi bumpers?
taylorboosh

2nd Apr 13 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look around the world and you will see the same..
taylorboosh

2nd Apr 13 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a serious note.. No nobody fits kits or anything bigger than 16s really... All very oem+

Better for it too
curtisfd3s

2nd Apr 13 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was never really a fan of the small wheels etc. can't belive how much it has all changed over the last 10 years. :-/
*CorsaCal*

2nd Apr 13 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16s is barely small on an old car 18s is abit overkill. But yes its a shame everybody's looks the same nowadays.
gav93

2nd Apr 13 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope ,Ali G and his crew roll on small wheels and gsi kits nowadays
corsa_sean

2nd Apr 13 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im just away to build something with a kit and decent wheels will be doing it properly tho
taylorboosh

2nd Apr 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every other person is building a track/race car too..

Its a shame but the cruise scene is fucked
BluKoo

2nd Apr 13 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by curtisfd3s
was just looking around the site and looks like its all small wheels and gsi bumpers?

Didn't you figure that out in your last thread? Big kits at definitely not the norm now.

Edit, sorry I was thinking of someone else: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=653337&highlight=1&pid=8703339#pid8703339

[Edited on 02-04-2013 by BluKoo]
jonnieboy

2nd Apr 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just the way the modified scene goes - I remember a time 3 spoke alloys used to be the thing to have!

I entered my teens in mid to late 90's, and I remember most 'modified' cars went from OEM style, to window tints, light tints, exhaust, lowered 30mm, a quick install and you'd find yourself on the front cover of Max Power.

To start to be different, people started to be different and stand out, add bumpers/body parts from other cars, fit bigger and bigger wheels, and go lower and lower - which probably sparked off the big kits.

Until people started to realise the quality of these big kitted cars was going down hill, and they started to look shit, which started the Rat, closely followed by the current OEM style look (which is nothing new really)

Soon the amount/quality/standard of the OEM styled cars will go down hill, and everyone will start something else, so maybe big kits will be back in?
3CorsaMeal

2nd Apr 13 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon somehow the government phased it out. Still working out how they did it. But they planted a seed somewhere.

Or just more modern cars took inspiration from the modified car body kit scene and did a better job of big vents, intercoolers, colourful brakes and hard to clean wheels so no one bothers with a kit. It's like everyone went a bit snobby. I blame the youth for not picking up the baton.
jonnieboy

2nd Apr 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I reckon somehow the government phased it out. Still working out how they did it. But they planted a seed somewhere.

Subliminal Messaging during late night Babe Station maybe?
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Apr 13 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Every other person is building a track/race car too..

Its a shame but the cruise scene is fucked

I think the VW/VAG crowd are still a bit more into the show/cruise stuff - but yeah it's a shame it's dying off.

Don't get me wrong, I love a track car but I'll always have a softspot for some uber clean show car.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jonnieboy

2nd Apr 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I think the VW/VAG crowd are still a bit more into the show/cruise stuff - but yeah it's a shame it's dying off.

I find big Cruises are few and far between (decent ones anyway), and in a way, yeah its dying off, but i think its because now people are into sitting on a car park talking, but racing instead

I don't know what its like near you, but the Northwest is very busy with street racing

Sunday night for example, there was 4 lots of seperate street racing that I know of, 3 of which were all with 10 miles of each other
Generation

2nd Apr 13 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Costs too much.

Young girls tend not to like modified cars, just clean boys in chinos.

Can get brand new car on finance and keep chinos and plimsoles white.
Generation

2nd Apr 13 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also detest the word "cruise"
curtisfd3s

3rd Apr 13 at 02:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it did used to be good, thing have just been made silly expensive for first time drivers to insure to i surpose. i had my corsa as my first car with everything on it and it only cost £750 to insure. it was a 1.6 sport with mantzel too. a first time driver wouldn't even insure a 1.0 standard for that would they?
taylorboosh

3rd Apr 13 at 05:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£3k for a 1.0 nowadays at 17

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » does anyone put kits on their corsa's anymore? 24 database queries in 0.0123901 seconds