corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 96 Spec JDM Integra Type R

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 96 Spec JDM Integra Type R
Mertin

User status: Offline
4th Apr 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always had an itch for these and some may have seen my other thread, well I got the car last night. Had the chance of a really clean example that I know the history of so went for it. Driveway doesnt look too healthy just now with 3 cars though, neighbours must crack up with the constant noise. Anyway, heres the spec and some pics so I'll let them do the talking

Got a new toy to add to the collection last night and had it out a run this morning and got some pics. Loving it so far, even with the stiffness of it and plenty rattles. Luckily I dont do any commuting or daily driving so will be able to out up with it

Wee spec list below, its got all the right mods anyway. Plans are to just enjoy it and keep it clean and looked after, previous owner was the brother in law to be who had it for 5 years. Hopefully get the Rota's on if thats the snow clear, going to give them a good clean and wax.

Also need to sell the Astra GSi, hopefully got a buyer for it and the R32 will be for sale nearer the summer or maybe sooner

4.6kg lightened flywheel
Spoon N1 backbox and decat
Spoon drop in filter
Kv85 Magnecor leads
Spoon rear strut brace
Spoon engine damper
Beaks lower brace
J's racing C-pillar brace
Hard race uprated engine mounts
Hard race ARB links
15"x7" Rota Slipstreams and Toyo R1 R's
15"x6.5" Sparco NS2's and Toyo T1 R's
Ferrodo DS2500 pads

Spoon replica carbon splitter
J's racing replica carbon intake
Honda wind deflectors
Aero wipers

Rolling roaded at 201.6bhp at 8,575 rpm and 129.2 lbft at 7,656 rpm

GB123
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice, will look good with the rotas on, don't really like that splitter though for some reason.
Robin
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any reason you went for a 96 and not 98 spec?
Mertin

4th Apr 13 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Any reason you went for a 96 and not 98 spec?

Hadnt really been looking at buying one until someone I knew was selling this one that I knew the history of, didnt want to pass up the chance of getting a good one I knew. If I had been looking wouldve looked for a 98
Robin
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, still looks decent
Mertin

4th Apr 13 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Main differences that Im aware of are the 5 stud hubs with bigger brakes, different headlights. Any other noticeable changes apart from being newer?
BluKoo

4th Apr 13 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats cool It'll look even better with the rotas on too.
gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice bet its stiff and fuck and sounds nice :-):-)

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Mertin

4th Apr 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787

Isnt much give with it all, especially with the hardrace engine mounts. Pulls really well, oil usage is minimal aswell so I was told. Had a new clutch not that long ago, cars done around 120k miles.
Im thinking about maybe going for one of the quieter spoon rep's and ditching the N1, will see how long before the neighbours start giving me evils
Mertin

4th Apr 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ended up turning into a cleaning day as the sun was out. Gave the rota's a soaking with autosmart tardis, some iron x and then a clay bar. Just waiting to wax them now before getting 2 balanced and fitting them. Was just some tar and dirt on the inside really as the wheels aren't old.
Moved onto the engine bay, inner wings were a bit grimy and the bulkhead so got to what I could with some Megs APC and a cloth too for tight bits and came up fine.

Some shots from the day :

gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787

Isnt much give with it all, especially with the hardrace engine mounts. Pulls really well, oil usage is minimal aswell so I was told. Had a new clutch not that long ago, cars done around 120k miles.
Im thinking about maybe going for one of the quieter spoon rep's and ditching the N1, will see how long before the neighbours start giving me evils

have all the mounts on mine. all good unless your sitting in traffic

Ive got an n1 system on mine with decatted toda mani. combined with the charger its sounds like an old btcc car is too loud though :-( track days are a no with it on :-\

Mertin

4th Apr 13 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather sell the spoon and get a quieter rep and get a manifold aswell. Like the look of the spoon but noise can be a bit much. See how I get on with it. You did much to yours lately?
gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a plan. nah i bought a house so its just been used and enjoyed with no spending. might send it in for a map tweek later in the year and a 9psi pully. need to get it back out on track too, cant wait for castle coombe :-):-)

corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it had all the bushes replaced? I replaced all of them on my old UKDM. Bitch of a job, but it did transform the car. They handle too well for the road imo, the speeds you need to do round corners is just stupid to get any enjoyment from driving it. Looks alright.
Mertin

4th Apr 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that Im aware of, maybe had one or two as and when required. Might be something il look into and do a bit at a time. Heard alot of people say to replace all the bushes
Mertin

6th Apr 13 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really need to shift some cars, how the driveway is just now
Astras currently advertised and Golf has a viewer next week although Im yet to advertise it, was going to wait till nearer summer. Started getting some wheel wax on the rota's today and gettinf two new Toyo R1R's for the fronts. Its snowing again here now though so the spares may stay on for a bit yet
SimonTW

6th Apr 13 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a nice collection on the drive way! I do love DC2s!
Jon_C
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish my driveway looked like that.
corsarooney
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely car that

will look much nicer when the Rota's go on

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
GB123
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is one cool driveway
Mertin

7th Apr 13 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsarooney
Lovely car that

will look much nicer when the Rota's go on

One got waxed while dinner was cooking, couldnt resist! Bee. Snowing non stop sonce 6 o clock, only lyin on top of cars but not on the road. Im away on a course next week too so hopefully have an update at the weemend with the rota's on
Wouldve loved to go to TV @ crail tomorrow but cant make it unfortunately
Mertin

13th Apr 13 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Astra was sold yesterday and took a deposit on the golf on Wed and gets collected Monday. Going to miss the comfort and the smoothness of the golf. Now Iv a rattly and noisy integra Or a Twingo RS for comfort, as much as it has anyway. Viewed a 07 A3 Sline TDi today, full spec and was really nice, as a replacement for twingo but the. We dont really need it so decided against it as much as we both liked it
sport16v

15th Apr 13 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet car; maybe worth looking into yokohama ad08's; reasonable money and good tires (have them on my almera)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 96 Spec JDM Integra Type R 24 database queries in 0.0182271 seconds