corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone had an l200 ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone had an l200 ???
Alex_Rally

User status: Offline
19th Apr 13 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had one for couple weeks now and been looking into bits to fiddle with .
I have a Suzuki sj I take offroading , and Ive put this up for sale and am going to use the cash to offroad prep my l200... kill 2 birds and all that.
so my question is ive looked on google and im struggling to find out how to lift the front end, ive got some longer shackles and blocks for the rear . ive bought 2 inch longer dampers for the front but for these to work I need to lift the front torsion bar... so im told, has anyone done this ?? btw its a 2001 2.5 l200 cheers
scottyp1989

19th Apr 13 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The over hang on an l200 will be a killer for offroading. Not saying they arnt any good tho. Personally id get a cheap trailer and keep the SJ.
Alex_Rally

20th Apr 13 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got big tilt bed transporter trailer already. so theres no problem there, just the sj is so unforgiving and rough, when I take the l200 offroad its comfy lol
Alex_Rally

20th Apr 13 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone had any experience with lifting a l200 ??
taylorboosh

20th Apr 13 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has a national grid one, not sure if they lift them but hes always offroad near enough and has no issues
RichR
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 06:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone on here had a chopped down one, fully prepped for off-roading. Can't remember their username but they did a hell of a lot to it
RichR
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 06:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=461744&highlight=1&pid=6063910#pid6063910

Username S77 CKL
RichR
Premium Member

20th Apr 13 at 07:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S77 CKL
Well after having a full fat version i decided to diet the beast and go low fat

I think you will see what i mean -

You can also see what bordem does when you have 3 cans of matt black paint lying around

A picture of the sand/bridging/waffle board ladders in the ustom made chequer plate housing -

Then a nice few final shot of the beasty dirty -

Plans for over christmas are, new winch bumper and plate, a nice high power fast winch with remote, new recovery equipment and poss a toolbox in the rear. Full exterior rollcage and maybe a interior overhaul.
baza31

20th Apr 13 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

absolute pile of shite IMO , I don't know what people's fascination with them is , the have the turning circle of a coach and drive awful . The little sj's are good for it just too small, personally I would be getting rid and buying a car that was designed for proper 4x4 use and getting a defender where there is alot more scope for modifications
Alex_Rally

20th Apr 13 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason I bought the l200 is for towing as well as I do alot.
defenders are ment to be horrible to drive, the l200 isn't that bad , but its not like driving a car in the slightest. but your correct about the turning circle its shit lol
Alex_Rally

20th Apr 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my plans are similar to his without chopping the body to fuk haha

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone had an l200 ??? 23 database queries in 0.0104001 seconds