corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Remortgage Legal Costs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remortgage Legal Costs
James

User status: Offline
26th Apr 13 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the going rate?

I've had 3 quotes, £670, £750 and £825.

This seems a lot to me. Although my place is leasehold, which I know adds a bit of cost.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Apr 13 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They charge what they want for not a lot of work

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Apr 13 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ours couple years ago was £700ish

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Haimsey
Premium Member

28th Apr 13 at 05:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually £450.00 + VAT (+ disbursements) at our in house firm.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Toby
Premium Member

28th Apr 13 at 06:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid under £500 to buy a house 4 years ago, paid £600 just to have the ex Mrs removed from the deeds which is a joke but conveyancy fees have gone through the roof!

Out of curiosity, why do you need a solicitor to remortgage? I don't know anything about leaseholds but if you have more time remaining than what your looking for the mortgage for you shouldn't need a solicitor.
James

28th Apr 13 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
I paid under £500 to buy a house 4 years ago, paid £600 just to have the ex Mrs removed from the deeds which is a joke but conveyancy fees have gone through the roof!

Out of curiosity, why do you need a solicitor to remortgage? I don't know anything about leaseholds but if you have more time remaining than what your looking for the mortgage for you shouldn't need a solicitor.

It's a requirement whether it's leasehold or freehold. They handle the money transfer between lenders.
AndyKent

28th Apr 13 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just extended my lease and the variation in deeds charge from the bank was only £100.

In theory the solicitor only has to write to the banks telling them the change in mortgaging company and they agree to it. Money for rope tbh.
Toby
Premium Member

28th Apr 13 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by Toby

It's a requirement whether it's leasehold or freehold. They handle the money transfer between lenders.

Didn't realise you we're looking to swap providers. I got charged 150 + VAT to handle the transfer etc. not sure if that's good or bad. I would expect it was expensive but the solicitor looked after me in the past so was happy with that.
James

29th Apr 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a quote of £450 for some firm based up North

Reviews seem good and it's a pretty straightforward case, so it should be ok.....right?
dannymccann

30th Apr 13 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YBS said to me it's roughly £500 for legals, I'm middle of the country, so it's probably fine

New Poll